Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I put a bet on Nunez scoring, well, part of an accumulator.

I've never been so irritated about a signing that never happened :lolol:

Very doubtful we'll ever get him now. He's a baller.

I take some comfort in the fact that we seemed to know how good he is / was going to become... but very little.

It's good that we're barking up the right trees. But yes sealing the deal with a player who's good and knows he is isn't easy

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s got 4 in 5 apps in the league too

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not expecting to get him at some point in the future, but I don't think the club have given up on getting him yet. Depending on the playing success of us, him and Benfica, he could yet be a Seagull.

Mind you, I am still holding my nerve for Calleri.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not expecting to get him at some point in the future, but I don't think the club have given up on getting him yet. Depending on the playing success of us, him and Benfica, he could yet be a Seagull.

I admire your optimism, but we're not getting Nunez now.

Ah well. Ships that pass in the night

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

Absolutely not a chance we get him now.

Bit gutting, but we move on.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

I admire your optimism, but we're not getting Nunez now.

So you're saying there's a chance with Calleri?:moo:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Imagine him paired with Maupay, an actually complementary partnership. Welbeck spelling them as an excellent option too and we'd be able to let Connolly focus on playing League One and Championship teams where he belongs (for now).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Prob dead now but should / will still be trying. Maybe we should have taken the plunge, as at 21, his stock was always likely to increase but we don’t know the ins and outs. There’s so much utter lies put out there by all sorts of ‘journos’ and wannabe journos, it’s impossible to know what’s actually true for sure…!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Prob dead now but should / will still be trying. Maybe we should have taken the plunge, as at 21, his stock was always likely to increase but we don’t know the ins and outs. There’s so much utter lies put out there by all sorts of ‘journos’ and wannabe journos, it’s impossible to know what’s actually true for sure…!

I get the impression we tried everything available to us. Maybe time to put him in the Van Dyke section. I still dream about what a Dunk/Van Dyke partnership would have been like in the Championship :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Managing to get Nunez would’ve been the icing on our EPL squad.

Just glanced at the EPL table, goals scored - we’re the same as Brentford and Newcastle at just 8.

They showed Newcastle’s ranks in the PL though and 8 was joint 8th or something like that - so not been too bad. But yes, with us finally sorting the LWB role (no disrespect to Solly who has been great and is competition there but also an option further up the pitch), I do feel the striker position is the only one we need filling with an extra bit of quality - exciting times. I’d also suggest another CB but hoping Ostigard or one of the many good young ones we have on our books will fill this gap…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I get the impression we tried everything available to us. Maybe time to put him in the Van Dyke section. I still dream about what a Dunk/Van Dyke partnership would have been like in the Championship :wink:

Quite possibly. I imagine it got to ‘silly money’ levels in the end and we weren’t prepared to be taken the piss out of. Let’s be honest, we weren’t expecting to be linked with him just a year after he moved to Benfica over us. We’ll never know the ins and outs unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here