Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Not for a fact but if he wanted to play for us he would be here - either signed last year or let it be known via his agent he wants a move to us now. He is looking for his best option and we do not appear to be it. Clearly Benfica think they can make a nice profit and are holding out for the best money but have you seen any indication he wants to play for us?

i haven't seen any indication he wants to play for anyone; but he does want to play football for someone, for lots of luverly lolly

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
i haven't seen any indication he wants to play for anyone; but he does want to play football for someone, for lots of luverly lolly

He could have a touch of Baleitis and be quite happy sitting on the bench or in the treatment room having a stress free life drawing enough money to live well in a nice City though?

Hopefully not though, does he play golf?

I am expecting “we tried but these things are complicated” by close of the window.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
He could have a touch of Baleitis and be quite happy sitting on the bench or in the treatment room having a stress free life drawing enough money to live well in a nice City though?

Hopefully not though, does he play golf?

I am expecting “we tried but these things are complicated” by close of the window.

once bale had signed for rea,l his wage was never going to increase again; this fellahs to young and intelligent to play golf, isn't he?

#keepthefaith

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I’ve just looked this geezer up. He’s only scored 14 goals for Benfica in 44 appearances. Why are some salivating over him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats not to like? He's very young 22 so some way off realising his full potential, he's a full Uruguay international (and scored 2 in 4) for a national team with a wealth of attacking talent (Suarez, Cavanni, Gomez). From what I can see he has all the attributes we are missing up top, strong, fast. good in the air, he potentially provides something different to what we have currently got, and for the club to go back in for him twice they must agree! He seems to be very highly regarded as a prospect and by the sounds of it (although I accept its all paper talk) quite a few of the top clubs in Europe have been monitoring his progress.

He may of 'only' scored 14 goals last year, but he also had 12 assists in his first season as a 22 year old at one of Europes big clubs and by the sounds of it carrying an injury in the second part of the season.

Theres always a chance that transfer targets can flop but to me this one seems very promising.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Because he'll cost millions of someone else's money? I think some people just get off on that alone ...................

Or because last season our failure in front of goal had us looking over our shoulders with three / four games to go ? Just saying

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
How is he meant to give an indication he wants to play for us exactly? It would be disrespectful towards Benfica to go public. We have no idea of the conversations that have taken place and rightly so. Most players give the usual generic spiel once they have signed.

How about his WAG saying Brighton is a lovely city...

Just frustrated this obsession with us getting a striker and it dragggging on

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
How about his WAG saying Brighton is a lovely city...

Just frustrated this obsession with us getting a striker and it dragggging on

Im sure most of us could offer 2 alternative tours of the city, and in one where someone is convinced it's a beautiful and cultural city they'd love to live in and another, where they'd never want to come back in a million years!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, quite. He chose Benfica. If his options now are to be third or fourth choice at Benfica, or 'sh*t, I'll have to go to fvcking Brighton after all', you might see where my lukewarm feelings about signing him are coming from!

Yes, I know I haven't met him and discussed it with him - neither have you, or in all likelihood anybody else on NSC. We all have our gut feelings on incomings and outgoings that we would like to happen. My gut feeling is - I trust the club, who know far more that's relevant than I do, and if the club want him and buy him I'll welcome him and want him to do well. But that would require a change of mind (which I can do) on my part!

……just after he kisses the badge after burying the winner away at Palace, probably :)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
scoring in games we win against Palace seems to be the kiss of death for players Albion career - Balogun, Andone, Murray, Knockheart and Stephens .

Scoring in games against Palace in general... David Lopez, McShane, Izquierdo... Anyone not called Glenn... Hopefully it's just the curse of Glenn and now he's retired Messrs Mac Allister and Veltman don't have to worry.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He can forget CL football , Benfica are going out in the group stages

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The only Nunez update i think today was Potter playing a straight bat in the pre-Everton press conference and this tweet from a (Australian) Fox Sports news host .
He's an ex Talk Sport/Spanish speaking brit now based in Australia ...

https://twitter.com/JamesDoddFOX/status/1430855077753884674
"It’s my understanding Brighton are still very much interested in Benfica striker Darwin Núñez but will need to improve their offer as it stands.
Benfica aren’t desperate to sell but there’s interest from all parties... "

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It would not suprise me if we are feeding the press with the line of "We are still interested in Nunez" as that is a name they already know we rate whilst we quietly go about arranging other plans

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Seeing as tb has stated he wants to have us top 10 you don’t get that position without spending 30 mil plus on players

Leicester City, Burnley, Sheffield United, Newcastle United. Just for starters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here