Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
2 points.

1 - I think we can safely say Tony isn't talking about a one season anomaly, Burnley and Championship Sheffield.
B - Tielemans £32m, Joelynton £40m. (proving if you're gonna do it, do it right)

Tielemans joined Leicester City after they won the Championship as did Joelinton after Newcastle United has finished 10th. Your turn :)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Seems to have gone really quiet with this transfer bid. If indeed there ever was one

Biggest clue we may get will be whether he is in the squad for Benficas home game v Tondela tonight. Says 6pm on ESPN, maybe around 5pm when teams announced, depending on if he starts, is sub or not included ..... we may get at least a general hint of the direction of travel re: Nunez??

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think this is bad news from A Bola.

There is Russian interest in Vinícius, I don’t think they’ll sell him AND Darwin.

“ZENIT INTERESTED IN VINICIUS
BENFICA 1:02 PM
By Writing
Zenit are about to lose Sardar Azmoun and are looking for a solution to the attack. The name of Carlos Vincíus will be among the hypotheses.

According to L'Equipe, those responsible for the Russian team are evaluating the chances of advancing by Gaetan Laborde (Montpellier), Andrea Belotti (Torino) and Vinícius.

Benfica will be available to negotiate the Brazilian striker's pass, as he has not been one of the main options of coach Jorge Jesus for this season.”

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think this is bad news from A Bola.

There is Russian interest in Vinícius, I don’t think they’ll sell him AND Darwin.

“ZENIT INTERESTED IN VINICIUS
BENFICA 1:02 PM
By Writing
Zenit are about to lose Sardar Azmoun and are looking for a solution to the attack. The name of Carlos Vincíus will be among the hypotheses.

According to L'Equipe, those responsible for the Russian team are evaluating the chances of advancing by Gaetan Laborde (Montpellier), Andrea Belotti (Torino) and Vinícius.

Benfica will be available to negotiate the Brazilian striker's pass, as he has not been one of the main options of coach Jorge Jesus for this season.”

Seems a bit speculative HR. If X leaves, Vincius maybe one of 3 options considered......

Not sure it changes that much yet, though binning Vincius has seemed to be the priority for a while now, just no takers.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
That’s that then, he ain’t coming here…

Next
I'd usually agree but this is such a complex deal I'm not so sure. He returned sooner than expected from injury, and before that we were more than happy to sign him even though he was injured, so they probably don't need to protect him for a sale.

We also know they aren't desperate to sell, it's probably them saying to us 'pay the money we want and he's continuing as normal until you do'

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I see the old classic “let’s not buy yet and wait to see if the price comes down” tactic didn’t work out this time.

You’d think that given the BW saga this summer and last we would know that sensible clubs won’t sell until the asking price is met.

We’ve totally messed this up.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Another window wasted on someone who's not the slightest bit interested in coming here. It would take big wages to even begin to tempt him which the club will not break the structure for. Maybe Locadia has a role to play this season

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Another window wasted on someone who's not the slightest bit interested in coming here. It would take big wages to even begin to tempt him which the club will not break the structure for. Maybe Locadia has a role to play this season

Prematch music

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This thread is a wonderful demonstration of how many 'in the know' posters we have on NSC. They are clearly privy not only to the inner workings of the team who deal with transfers, but also with the intimate feelings and personal thoughts of the discussed players.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Daniel James will be the new attacker with Zeqiri doing the no 9 duties ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here