Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Currie: Worse than David Lee?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
trueblue said:
What's all this out of position rubbish? Since when has Harty NOT been a striker - there are some very short memories on heere. He's regularly filled that role down the years.
His woeful strike rate when playing as a striker is probably a clue. He is Thierry Henry in reverse. OGH is much more effective out wide than he is down the middle.

Easy 10 said:
I can think of is that he doesn't want Currie to go off to a chorus of jeers and abuse, cos at the moment, thats all he would get for his "efforts" in the first two games.

I expect McGhee doesn't give a stuff what a bunch of boo-boys sitting in the stand thinks. He replaces Jarrett because Jonah had a good pre-season and is unlucky not to be in the starting 11. Currie stays on because OGH has looked average in pre-season and is not putting pressure on the first-choice man.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
London Irish said:
I expect McGhee doesn't give a stuff what a bunch of boo-boys sitting in the stand thinks. He replaces Jarrett because Jonah had a good pre-season and is unlucky not to be in the starting 11. Currie stays on because OGH has looked average in pre-season and is not putting pressure on the first-choice man.

100% spot on. It was just a few months ago everyone was saying how Hart was having such a bad season. Others said he was dead wood and should go.

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
currie is better than lee.
yes of course he is, i've seen him play well against us, proof of ability in a big game, of which i have not seen from mr lee.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
New players

Currie - total shite , div 3 player
Nicholas - useless, div 3 player
Molango - rubbish
Jarrett - very promising

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
I wasnt there last night, but I was at Reading and i think some people are being VERY harsh about Currie's performance on Saturday. He was nothing amazing, but he certainly wasnt a 'waste of space' as some of you have indicated. I thought he had some good touches and movement.

Even if he is only as good as David Lee (i dont agree btw) he still outranks him because of his experience. When was the last time Lee had a run in any Football Lge first team? Currie needs to get his game up to Championship-level quickly, but i have far more confidence in him doing this than Lee.

aph298

Jul 26, 2004
nomadic
on last night's performance I'd kick Currie out of the squad and into the conference - utter pants. Too fat, too slow, too clumsy etc.
Jarret, however, has serious potential.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
He doesn't look fully fit to me, although he has had two bad games. Took a two good corners last night and a woeful free kick

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I slated currie as much as the next man after saturdays game, and even after last night he was poor! But i think a lot has to do with nerves, being in a higher league and his general fitness. Don't quote me on this but i reckon he will come good!Like malango will when leon comes back and they link!

Jarrett, great prospect :clap:

Scapegoat. No worse than the rest of the pathetic Muppets playing last night.

Brighton Fans have gor elitist and have it in for him as he played for Wycombe last season and as such could never be good enough to play for the likes of us. get over yourselves:angry:

(Sorry, in a v.bad mood today!)

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
He is 29 and this is the highest standard he has ever played,and doesnt it show?
No pace,cant tackle,cant head,overweight

OGH.plenty of pace,bags of aggression and not afraid to put his foot in

I know who I would rather have out on the pitch,even if we did lose I know he would at least show a bit of pride and aggression

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We've been crying out for someone to pass the ball for years - someone to put their foor on it, pick a player out and make a pass. Darren Currie is more than capable of doing this and in touches has already showws he has vision. ( his cross field ball to Jones last night for example). I said it on Sunday and I'll say it again now, GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE. These sorts of players are not ones to charge around the pitch like Charlie Oatway.
Ok, he's not done brilliantly but last night was one of the poorest performances since... er... Swindon in the second leg of the play off. Only two games in and he's already becoming enemy number one, Jesus. Let him have a run in the side and if after 6 or 7 games he hasn't done it then fair enough - you can have a go. Not now.

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Currie needs to at least start to look interested, or he is going to be in for some fearful stick. Quite how McGhee could justifiy subbing Jarrett tonight (and Saturday) and Molango, whilst leaving Currie on the pitch for the full 90 is beyond me.

Have to say I agree with this. I think of the 4 new players Jarrett definitely played the best last night and couldn't believe he was taken off when he seemed to be our most threatening player.

Currie seemed slow and reluctant to tackle esp in the second half, he will need to improve drastically going on last nights performance and should have been subbed IMO.

Nicholas certainly seemed to put in a bit of effort

Molango has pace and I am looking forward to seeing more of what he can do in the coming season, but lacked support last night.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I actually feel quite sorry for Currie.

Unless he performs like Beckham at his best for United, he is on a hiding to nothing, for the simple reason he is keeping OGH out the team.

Everyone (including myself) has a bit of blind spot for OGH, and currently I think whoever plays in his place will get flak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here