Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Currie: Worse than David Lee?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately I believe that OGH days as an automatic choice are over. He has never been the same since he broke his leg or rather his leg was broken I dont think he actually did it himself.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Re: Re: Re: Re: Darren Currie: Worse than David Lee?

Ernest said:
Have to agree BG, Currie's passing and vision was just what we need at this level and what exactly did Hart do when he came on ? Just his usual huff and puff and get nowhere or lose the ball.

Yep. I agree too. Currie did waste a couple of crosses today but didn't hide when that happened. He ALWAYS wants the ball, and even though he rarely breaks into a canter, he looked pretty determined to me when he was trying to set himself up for a long range equaliser near the end. Neat step-over too.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
:bounce:
I just thought the McCammon bashers might want to look at this.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Uncle Buck said:
Err this was after one game, McCammon has played a few now.
I knew you'd be first :) . Just making the point that everyone said he was shite but Mcghees better judgement came through. Just give the guy a chance to get fit and prove himself. He's only played 6.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Rangdo said:
I knew you'd be first :) . Just making the point that everyone said he was shite but Mcghees better judgement came through. Just give the guy a chance to get fit and prove himself. He's only played 6.

Not getting wanting on the McGammon thing again, but to compare the 2 is stupid, Currie showed signs of footballing talent. McGammon has played 5 or so games, so after that it should be fairly clear if he is half decent. If we go along the lines of give him time, maybe we should have retained Packham, Danny Davies, Phil Andrews etc, because although they showed little talent, they might have come good in the end.

What was the point of bouncing it? Or are you hoping for a Friday afternoon scrap online?

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
people very quickly changed there tune on currie as this thread shows mccammon has done nothing

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Uncle Buck said:

What was the point of bouncing it?

For the reason already stated.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Rangdo said:
For the reason already stated.

This was started after first game of the season, Trolley has played a few games, different circumstance, nothing to compare them by. If he comes good then great, however I am quite confident that he will score the odd goal, law of averages says he has to be in the right place now and then, but he will generally be average at best.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Uncle Buck said:
This was started after first game of the season, Trolley has played a few games, different circumstance, nothing to compare them by. If he comes good then great, however I am quite confident that he will score the odd goal, law of averages says he has to be in the right place now and then, but he will generally be average at best.

Glad after an unbeaten run with him in the team, McGhee gets his man (the same McGhee that took us up and got us nr mid table) , You still seem intent to knock despite claims from both player and manager that he is no-where near fit.

Average at best - I will reserve jusgement until his fitness is 100% and McGhee has worked his majic in confidence

But even DK and MM agreed with us in the end.

Only difference being is that they stuffed £250,000 into their back pockets before they got rid of him:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Just goes to show - the management always does what NSC demands!

Last edited:

Soton Seagull said:
Scapegoat. No worse than the rest of the pathetic Muppets playing last night.

Brighton Fans have gor elitist and have it in for him as he played for Wycombe last season and as such could never be good enough to play for the likes of us. get over yourselves:angry:

(Sorry, in a v.bad mood today!)

Tell you what, this bloke spoke a lot of sense:)

Uncle Buck said:
Err this was after one game, McCammon has played a few now.

Wasn't, actually. Currie played a fair few in pre-season and didn't really impress the onlookers there either. It was about after 3 or 4 pre-seasons and 3 regular season games that the tide of opinion began to turn - and even then, not straight away, it was only when we started winning games that the Currie witch-hunters finally disappeared.

Notice the comments about Reid too in this thread. Here's a guy who missed pre-season training and was rushed back because of our midfield crisis. He played very poorly. Why, Uncle Buck? Because, he was a rubbish player? No. Because he wasn't anywhere near match fit. It took him ages, the best part of two or three months in the reserves, to get back to the level of match fitness that allowed him to play as well as he did at the end of last season.

This is time you're not willing to grant McCammon, who your expertise on the fitness regimes of professional footballers deems must be fit after a month.

Take Chippy. How long did it take him to get back to peak match fitness after his lay-off? He looked very average when he came back and got dropped. Yet now his match fitness levels have returned and he can be judged properly.

McGhee's latest assessment is that it won't be until he's had Big Mac for a full period of pre-season training that we will see the best of Big Mac. That's the timescale we are looking at. Before that, we will see steady improvement. Not quick enough for you I'm sure, but that's too bad.

Great bounce, Rangdo. Educational and entertaining in equal measure :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Wasn't, actually. Currie played a fair few in pre-season and didn't really impress the onlookers there either. It was about after 3 or 4 pre-seasons and 3 regular season games that the tide of opinion began to turn - and even then, not straight away, it was only when we started winning games that the Currie witch-hunters finally disappeared.

Notice the comments about Reid too in this thread. Here's a guy who missed pre-season training and was rushed back because of our midfield crisis. He played very poorly. Why, Uncle Buck? Because, he was a rubbish player? No. Because he wasn't anywhere near match fit. It took him ages, the best part of two or three months in the reserves, to get back to the level of match fitness that allowed him to play as well as he did at the end of last season.

This is time you're not willing to grant McCammon, who your expertise on the fitness regimes of professional footballers deems must be fit after a month.

Take Chippy. How long did it take him to get back to peak match fitness after his lay-off? He looked very average when he came back and got dropped. Yet now his match fitness levels have returned and he can be judged properly.

McGhee's latest assessment is that it won't be until he's had Big Mac for a full period of pre-season training that we will see the best of Big Mac. That's the timescale we are looking at. Before that, we will see steady improvement. Not quick enough for you I'm sure, but that's too bad.

Great bounce, Rangdo. Educational and entertaining in equal measure :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Afternoon.

Been out with Charlie, Mark and Ben?

Not going to bother as you are always correct oh great one.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
Afternoon. Not going to bother

Afternoon!

Don't worry, I'm sure Richie'll be along in a minute.

Uncle Buck said:
Got an afternoon of patronising and belittling planned?

Only if you can assure me that your fake victimhood and haemophiliac levels of skin thickness are up for the challenge :)

You'd really prefer to trade stuff like this than discuss the fairly level-headed points I made about Reid, Chippy and Currie's fitness then? Oh well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here