Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dark Star Hophead all round the stadium at last - starting Saturday...

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Did they have Hophead or winter meltdown only the brewery states 12 barrels of winter meltdown available from the Amex using their marvellous beer finder app?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Didn't see any Dark Star Pumps at all.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Perhaps the late KO led to people arriving early but it was a pain getting a beer at the end of the game. Tried the West, East barssy and EAst and all sold out of ale & pies, but the North came to my need with Hophead and pies, bless 'em!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
IN WSU it was on sale from those 'stand alone' pumps but in the North, after the match, it was on sale at the bars. Iqueued expecting a Harveys but they had none left, just Dark Star.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Arrived early for the game yesterday due to train nightmares and funny ko time. So went for a rare pint at the stadium. No sign of dark star in the East about 45 mins before ko and when I asked the lad serving he hadn't a clue what I was talking about. Had to settle for a pre poured Harvey's instead.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Any Dark Star or Harvey's fans that hate the other brewery's signature drink, don't get despondent if only their beer is left when you reach the serving hatch at Falmer. You can easily recreate it. If you like Harvey's Best and they only have Hophead, buy one, drink half and top it up with the ensuing diahrroea. Sorted. If you like Hophead and they only have Harveys, buy and drink a pint, then piss it back out into the glass and add stinging nettles. Sorted. Now don't get me started on how to make the 1664 taste alcoholic...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Any Dark Star or Harvey's fans that hate the other brewery's signature drink, don't get despondent if only their beer is left when you reach the serving hatch at Falmer. You can easily recreate it. If you like Harvey's Best and they only have Hophead, buy one, drink half and top it up with the ensuing diahrroea. Sorted. If you like Hophead and they only have Harveys, buy and drink a pint, then piss it back out into the glass and add stinging nettles. Sorted. Now don't get me started on how to make the 1664 taste alcoholic...
Genius :lolol:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Well I had my first pint of Dark Star on Saturday before the game kicked off. The results ?? ??

It was the first pint I have EVER put down and thought 'i'm not drinking anymore of that shite' Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a Harvey's but whoever said it tasted like washing up liquid was worryingly SPOT ON. I left a third of it in the glass and hurried back for a pint of Strongbow to sort me out. It really, really must be an acquired taste but unfortunately I wil never know because it's the last time I ever so much as sip that stuff again!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Martin Perry was on the radio on the way in stating he expected the highest ever crowd, in WSL they had no Fosters at the start of HT & no Harveys Or Pies 5 mins into HT. The one member of staff in the pie & pint booth continued to work on his own despite the 2 members of staff on the Fosters stand having nothing to do & 3 different levels of 'mismanagement' stating 'sold out' while smiling, not 'undrstocked' the fosters booth are not Albion & not Azure, they are outsourced by Azure but staff are 'not allowed' to help Azure. Worst ever in WSL, it really is the blind leading the blind, 6 members of staff within 10 feet & 1 actually serving punters, the others not willing or not allowed to help the others, but all getting paid. Shameful oversight by the Albion & Azure Catering Management, all should go

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I had 2 pints of Dark Star and thoroughly enjoyed them both...Next one to push for is the APA...sublime.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Hehe heathens.
I had a lovely pint of HH at 4:15 in WSL from a dispenser.
That said, I never try the kiosks any more as too many times they've tried to sell me a lager due to them 'running out' of Harveys.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Martin Perry was on the radio on the way in stating he expected the highest ever crowd, in WSL they had no Fosters at the start of HT & no Harveys Or Pies 5 mins into HT. The one member of staff in the pie & pint booth continued to work on his own despite the 2 members of staff on the Fosters stand having nothing to do & 3 different levels of 'mismanagement' stating 'sold out' while smiling, not 'undrstocked' the fosters booth are not Albion & not Azure, they are outsourced by Azure but staff are 'not allowed' to help Azure. Worst ever in WSL, it really is the blind leading the blind, 6 members of staff within 10 feet & 1 actually serving punters, the others not willing or not allowed to help the others, but all getting paid. Shameful oversight by the Albion & Azure Catering Management, all should go

As grizzling goes, that's quite impressive.

Especially as I didn't understand half of it.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I really enjoyed the Dark Star, we had a few of them on saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it. the Harveys on the other hand literally tastes like shit, I had to settle for one of them as the Dark star had run out just before kick off in the east, never again. Hopefuly Dark Star will be a permanent fixture in the east stand for future games.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
For what it's worth I bought a pint of Hophead at Dick's Bar and it was in terrible condition: cloudy, sharp and generally horrible, so it went back. The Harvey's, in contrast, was excellent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I bought a pint of Hophead in the North after the match as they had run out of Harveys and thought that it tased awful, much too hoppy for my palatte and wasnt impressed with the dispensing technique of the young lad dloing it. Being an ex publican like in any job if you see errors they are more obvious like a brickie would if there were faults in the brickwork of a wall he would notice it where as somebody like me wouldnt.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I bought a pint of Hophead in the North after the match as they had run out of Harveys and thought that it tased awful, much too hoppy for my palatte and wasnt impressed with the dispensing technique of the young lad dloing it. Being an ex publican like in any job if you see errors they are more obvious like a brickie would if there were faults in the brickwork of a wall he would notice it where as somebody like me wouldnt.
Are you really an ex-publican? I'm surprised you haven't mentioned it before.

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
I am an ex publican and there was nothing wrong with the Hophead in WSL. Lauren did a great job dispensing it! Spoke to Rob Jones and he was very pleased with the dispense method. Well done Atilla.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here