Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dark Star Hophead all round the stadium at last - starting Saturday...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well I had Pale Ale and Harveys last night, both just as good.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The trouble with TT Landlord is that it just doesn't travel. It takes for ever to settle so won't ever be used as a match-day option. Lovely stuff though.

I wish Harvey's didn't travel..... I do wish it stayed in Lewes.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I simply don't like Harveys. At all. There. I've said it.

Always tastes far too weak, thin and watered down to me. I much prefer Dark Star, especially Hophead, and the nectar that is Revelation.

You do know that Hophead is less alcoholic and thinner surely. People can like what they want but don't get the facts wrong.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
You do know that Hophead is less alcoholic and thinner surely. People can like what they want but don't get the facts wrong.
I'm not quoting facts. The operative word in my post is tastes. The facts of any beer's ABV are far less important than its taste... Always a subjective matter for sure - but that's all that counts for every individual drinker. Harveys tastes weak and insipid. I don't like it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think he is still starting fairly small so his beers will be hard to find but at least they will be good quality.

That'll be a great consolation when he's in the poor-house. Needs to be fulfilling the Amex order as a top priority cos if he's not in the game, it's only his loss. We'll survive somehow.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That'll be a great consolation when he's in the poor-house. Needs to be fulfilling the Amex order as a top priority cos if he's not in the game, it's only his loss. We'll survive somehow.

Wine kicking in nicely TH ?...... it's early days for Burning Sky, lets just enjoy what he makes and accept that the brewery will get as big as HE wants. The Amex gig is huge and I would like to think that he is interested in brewing lovely beers rather than make big bucks and sell out.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wine kicking in nicely TH ?...... it's early days for Burning Sky, lets just enjoy what he makes and accept that the brewery will get as big as HE wants. The Amex gig is huge and I would like to think that he is interested in brewing lovely beers rather than make big bucks and sell out.

Wine kicking in nicely veggie, thank you for asking. Merry Xmas mate.

At some point brewing lovely beers - unless you're just doing it just as a hobby - has to intersect with commerce. It's nothing to do with 'making big bucks and selling out'. This is the reality. If he gets too PRECIOUS about it, he'll be the only loser. Cos they'll sell any old shit at the Amex. And people will queue up to buy it. :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wine kicking in nicely veggie, thank you for asking. Merry Xmas mate.

At some point brewing lovely beers - unless you're just doing it just as a hobby - has to intersect with commerce. It's nothing to do with 'making big bucks and selling out'. This is the reality :shrug:

Yes, that sort of thing is David Camerons view of things but lots of micro breweries make a good living and keep the quality by staying small but with a good reputation.

Maybe I'm a dreamer, or maybe it's the bottle and a half of White that mellowed me.

Oops, And a very merry Christmas to you too !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'll take your word for it on that one mate. But I'd have thought it was was entry-level business economics whatever the ruling junta :shrug:

Don't mix economics with beeronomics :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another within the Harvey's parameter and hard for me not to purchase, is:-

Thwaites' Wainwright.

Probably not quite at the top table, but still nearer than Harveys.

Tribute could well be the post dog walk beer, tonight, although it's currently cup of tea and French Fancy o'clock.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At some point brewing lovely beers - unless you're just doing it just as a hobby - has to intersect with commerce. It's nothing to do with 'making big bucks and selling out'. This is the reality. If he gets too PRECIOUS about it, he'll be the only loser.

I do not agree with this. There are plenty of product led manufacturers who are quite precious about their work but also successful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here