Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dark Star Hophead all round the stadium at last - starting Saturday...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I arrived just for kick off (children had a party to go to so needed a quick cab to the ground from there). As I ran (okay - walked fast) through the empty east stand concourse I saw there were 3 harveys and 1 dark star mobile units there set up in 2 pairs. I did notice that the three main food outlets seemed devoid of any pies or burgers so they must have done a roaring trade.

I'm happy because I like both of those ales and will be having some on saturday (after having partaken of the east stand brasserie before hand).

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
I bought a pint of Hophead in the North after the match as they had run out of Harveys and thought that it tased awful, much too hoppy for my palatte and wasnt impressed with the dispensing technique of the young lad dloing it. Being an ex publican like in any job if you see errors they are more obvious like a brickie would if there were faults in the brickwork of a wall he would notice it where as somebody like me wouldnt.

Dispensing technique ? Jesus he wasn`t pulling that hand pipe up and down was he ? It`s BRIGHT beer how could he be doing it wrong.

Last edited:

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
Walked over to Falmer from the home of Harveys on Saturday. Had a pint of Palmers Best in the Swan (bit too cold but in good nick), over to the East for a pint of Hophead from a mobile dispenser and then a pint of Harveys Best 20 mins before kick off. Assuming the Toon Army had something from the North East are we the best stadium in the country for real ale drinkers? I know Lewes cfc has an annual beer festival, this year Friday 16th March and Sat 17th March when they are also at home to Lowestoft Town, but week in week out?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Walked over to Falmer from the home of Harveys on Saturday. Had a pint of Palmers Best in the Swan (bit too cold but in good nick), over to the East for a pint of Hophead from a mobile dispenser and then a pint of Harveys Best 20 mins before kick off. Assuming the Toon Army had something from the North East are we the best stadium in the country for real ale drinkers? I know Lewes cfc has an annual beer festival, this year Friday 16th March and Sat 17th March when they are also at home to Lowestoft Town, but week in week out?

It was a bit cold wasn't it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dispensing technique ? Jesus he wasn`t pulling that hand pipe up and down was he ? It`s BRIGHT beer how could he be doing it wrong.
Part filling 3 pint pots and then topping up to make 1 as they were too frothy which I could nt understand because there didnt appear to be any gas connected. So had to put it down to the way he was pulling them. Then after about 2 or 3 actual pints he threw a drip tray full down the sink. A tremendous amount of waste which is not good for stock control.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Assuming the Toon Army had something from the North East are we the best stadium in the country for real ale drinkers?

In terms of beer inside the stadium, Grays Athletic were acknowledged as the best in the country with FOUR real ales (three of them guests) and the only bar inside a football ground to feature in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide, but they left said ground a couple of years ago. If you were to allow a bar that's part of a stadium but not accessible once you go through the turnstiles, then Leyton Orient Supporters Club Bar will win hands down, with seven real ales on at any one time (and up to twelve in total on a matchday), it's won multiple real ale awards, including many national ones. Beyond that, dunno.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
Part filling 3 pint pots and then topping up to make 1 as they were too frothy which I could nt understand because there didnt appear to be any gas connected. So had to put it down to the way he was pulling them. Then after about 2 or 3 actual pints he threw a drip tray full down the sink. A tremendous amount of waste which is not good for stock control.

I`m sorry BG I thought you were being serious before. Very funny post.:lol:

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
I count four at the Amex.

Harvey's Best
Harvey's Old
Dark Star Hophead
Guest beer

Not 100% sure that's all four all the time - but it is on a much larger scale than Gray Athletic could ever muster.

Harvey's Old? Where was/is the Old, in Dick's bar?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Is Hophead available anywhere in the ground these days? Not been available at Dick's for some time now, it would seem.
Thanks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pride is revolting anyway I am going to the Wellie tonight for some serious Dark Star drinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here