Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I've only ever seen him (recently) in the U23s. TBH, he didn't stand out. As you say, he's still young; needs another loan INHO. Maybe League 1?

Yes, and then championship.

Apparently he struggled physically towards the end of his Rochdale loan.

What he probably needs is Bielsa to turn him into a £50m CB 😉

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is a great thread.

Not.

BDB had maybe 10 good games for us :shrug:

Time to move on, FFS.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, and then championship.

Apparently he struggled physically towards the end of his Rochdale loan.

What he probably needs is Bielsa to turn him into a £50m CB 😉

We buy Bielsa - £5M should do it, plus $1M for that nice boy that answers questions for him - loan him out to ...... I dunno ................Beerschott? Rochdale? Maybe a League 1 struggler. Guaranteed - a ready made conveyor belt of CBs.

Wonder if he does strikers ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This season

Timing is everything

Just ask Webster and Dunk.

And so.....

What?

Sack the board?

Accept that we are fools?

Howl at the moon?

Or....move on? ???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Presumably the 13 million we receive from the Saudis will compensate for the finishing position of 16 rather than 9 in prize money?

Great business if so!

Kerching!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Just had a lovely chat with Dan Burn in Brewdog in Newcastle. Lovely fella. Said he didn’t want to leave, but was equally happy to move to his hometown club. Said he’d have 100% celebrated if he’d scored today.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Just had a lovely chat with Dan Burn in Brewdog in Newcastle. Lovely fella. Said he didn’t want to leave, but was equally happy to move to his hometown club. Said he’d have 100% celebrated if he’d scored today.

If he genuinely didn’t want to leave, then it’s even more a ballsup. The only explanation that made any sense was that he was desperate to play for his home town club and we didn’t want to stand in his way.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
If he genuinely didn’t want to leave, then it’s even more a ballsup. The only explanation that made any sense was that he was desperate to play for his home town club and we didn’t want to stand in his way.

I suspect that what he meant was that he went it to the window not planning on going anywhere and then his hometown club came in for him. Either way, he had nothing but great things to say about his time here.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Look, we made a mistake in selling him, but that's done now. We all make mistakes. We just have to move on and try to replace him in the summer.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It's looking like quite the cock up now. Boosted a rival, left us v short at the back should we lose another defender to injury, too late in the window to get another replacement, and a fee that's only likely going to cover a punt on a random youngster in the summer.

Yes in the long term maybe Van Hecke will take his place but right now it's been a big mistake

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
_123549057_gettyimages-1380541088.jpg

He looks happy enough, We'll replace him with Van Hecke and we'll be happy enough with the deal too.

Still, we should spend the rest of the reason regretting it because it will help.

Just think though, if he had stayed we could have spent the rest of the season arguing about whether he was good enough.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

There was no indication that he was pushing for a move but I could be wrong. Further given Potters backing for the player I suspect he was quite happy here and would have not thrown his toys out of the pram had he wanted a move but got turned down. I can only surmise that the club desparately needed the £13m now and if that is the case then we cannot argue with the sale but that puts the club at odds with it thinking it can finish top 10.

To those people saying he was not that good, we have sold a player who was in form and our results have fallen off a cliff since he went and he has been a star at Newcastle. Personal view is had we kept him we might have got 3-5 points from those games, enough to stay top 10....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here