Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There was no indication that he was pushing for a move but I could be wrong. Further given Potters backing for the player I suspect he was quite happy here and would have not thrown his toys out of the pram had he wanted a move but got turned down. I can only surmise that the club desparately needed the £13m now and if that is the case then we cannot argue with the sale but that puts the club at odds with it thinking it can finish top 10.

To those people saying he was not that good, we have sold a player who was in form and our results have fallen off a cliff since he went and he has been a star at Newcastle. Personal view is had we kept him we might have got 3-5 points from those games, enough to stay top 10....

Good player who was in good form. I still think that the money we got for him represents good value at his age.

At the time it seemed like a deal that suited everyone, he gets to go and play for his boyhood club and we get some cash.

But then I don't believe that our current lack of form is because he is missing, more because we have moved to a back 4 more often. Some will say this is because he has gone but I think we could easily have played a back three today with Dunk, Duffy and Veltman. I think it is purely coincidental that our form has nosedived.

In time I think this will look like a decent deal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good player who was in good form. I still think that the money we got for him represents good value at his age.

At the time it seemed like a deal that suited everyone, he gets to go and play for his boyhood club and we get some cash.

But then I don't believe that our current lack of form is because he is missing, more because we have moved to a back 4 more often. Some will say this is because he has gone but I think we could easily have played a back three today with Dunk, Duffy and Veltman. I think it is purely coincidental that our form has nosedived.

Well said, though I would have preferred a bit more

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Not that any players transfer fee has any bearing on supporters although Newcastle would of paid closer to £20m if pushed.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I agree, and it may well do, however, its just the difference pricewise between finishing say 11 or 16th . . .as BDB & Saudi FC sail past us in the table . . . Points make prizes

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Amen to this. Pretty tired of some people suggesting our dip in form is all down to his departure like he is the next Paulo Maldini. The only thing you can say is that timing has been unfortunate what with Webster injury and Dunk struggling to get up to speed after injury. But let's not forget that the previous superlative Lamptey and Cucca have dipped in form.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Amen to this. Pretty tired of some people suggesting our dip in form is all down to his departure like he is the next Paulo Maldini. The only thing you can say is that timing has been unfortunate what with Webster injury and Dunk struggling to get up to speed after injury. But let's not forget that the previous superlative Lamptey and Cucca have dipped in form.

They have dipped in form because we are not playing 3 at the back and because we are not getting the ball forward quick enough and that has a lot to do with the way Dunk plays. If your your commited to 3 CBs you need at least 4 good CBs if not 5. Potter was committed to 3 at the back but has been had to change as he is reluctant to play Duffy or Roberts. You might be right and I hope you are that the £13 m becomes a good deal but looking at things now it doesn't seem that way.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
How many times do people want to post the same opinions and have the same discussion on this topic?

Without people posting the same opinions on the same topics, NSC would be a little on the quiet side... around 80% has got to be the same old circular discussions on the same old topics and sometimes it's the same old circular discussions from the same adversaries on entirely different topics... :rolleyes:

It's quite comforting in an uncertain World. (and the other 20% is well worth the subs :lolol:)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I do wonder if this has upset the dressing room a bit as well. Obviously well liked, was in a good run of form and then sold to Newcastle of all clubs. The Newcastle connection 'might' help - but you'd have to think about if we are serious about Top 10 - selling Burn in January window doesn't look great

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Every article published about how well Burn is doing, every surprised pundit's glowing references to him after a matchday must be very painful for the clubs hierarchy.

Serve that up with inhibited displays by our full backs, injury, suspension and form issues with our remaining defenders and a painful lack of balance across our backline.

It was a shocking decision to sell if we're only talking this season. It remains to be seen if Van Hecke or one of the others can come in and get to that level. Medium term it could be the right decision for the club, but at the moment it's a pretty painful sale

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not a pearl clutcher who thinks it a disgrace if anyone celebrates against a former club, but I was a little surprised by quite how vociferous he was celebrating, given he had literally left us a few weeks ago, and was very well regarded by the club and many fans (this season, anyway...).

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Every article published about how well Burn is doing, every surprised pundit's glowing references to him after a matchday must be very painful for the clubs hierarchy.

Serve that up with inhibited displays by our full backs, injury, suspension and form issues with our remaining defenders and a painful lack of balance across our backline.

It was a shocking decision to sell if we're only talking this season. It remains to be seen if Van Hecke or one of the others can come in and get to that level. Medium term it could be the right decision for the club, but at the moment it's a pretty painful sale
It's ok. Barbs keeps telling Naylor it was a good deal

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Geordies on Twitter claiming he should be in the England squad!
Hilarious.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
A person appears to have d-locked themselves to the goal post. Scenes.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Anyone see what he had on his shirt? I saw something about oil but that was it.

a63ab7b48825c8647cb53005a6f42640.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here