Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wonder if his stay there will be short?

The club’s plans were discussed on radio today - “now the world’s richest club” the consensus was that they’re going to spend vast sums this summer. Certainly no intention on playing a patient game in catching up with Citeh, Real or PSG.

Who would’ve thought it in recent years, when NU were mocked in these parts.

Any club is an ownership deal away from overtaking almost everyone.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if the BDB deal fell through!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be very funny from a 'laughing at Newcastle' perspective but I would feel a bit sad for BDB.

Imagine you were a Brighton lad, Albion fan, settled and doing well at Burnley, and then the Albion came in with a dream offer to double your wages?

Er....and then on the advice of your agent you demanded even more money and the deal fell through.

No, yes, yes....that really would be funny :lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Still hope something goes tits.... an anomoly in the medical, Burn has a change of heart. Its the hope..........

I imagine a heart transplant would be a fail on the medical, never know though, Erickson has gone to Brentford.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I feel really down about this .. Did not they say last year something like “ nobody leaves Albion unless it is a good deal for the club “ How can this be a good deal for us? We are giving away a regular first team player who has captained at the bedrock of our defence, for a paltry £13 million ( as reported)
I know his age and the move back home may suit him personally, but our club is now weaker.
Actually, moves to your dream club don’t always work out, ask Shane Duffy !

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I feel really down about this .. Did not they say last year something like “ nobody leaves Albion unless it is a good deal for the club “ How can this be a good deal for us? We are giving away a regular first team player who has captained at the bedrock of our defence, for a paltry £13 million ( as reported)
I know his age and the move back home may suit him personally, but our club is now weaker.

He is a regular to a point but has only started half the games this season and subbed in 2 of them. £13 million for a man we paid £4 million for when he was yet to peak is a 9 million profit. He is 30 before the season finishes, and this is only time we are likely to get really good money for him I’m sad to say.
Also importantly I think all players here have a choice. If they want to go and you can’t blame Dan burn for wanting to get more money a longer contract at his home town club then as long as the club value is met they will be allowed to go. This isnt football manager £13 million is good money.
Sad to see him go. But squad can cope all the same

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Shame he's going and think we could have got more money. His recent performances have been superb. That said, they haven't always have they. He's benefitted from Potter. Don't think he will be able to play as well in a poorer team and if he does, they'll buy someone else. Suspect he's getting a tidy pay rise. Thanks Dan, hope you play well and hope your home town club Saudi Arabia go down.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

What difference does it make to us, as fans, whether the club received £13m or £100m for a player? The only person the selling price makes any difference to is TB and more importantly the only person who can decide if it’s a “good deal” is TB.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A few on here seem to be crediting all Burns ability and performances to Potter, I just want to point out that Leeds fans thought Bielsa had fashioned a player called Ben White out of a piece of shit we sent them on loan. It wasn't true of Ben White, and it isn't true of Dan Burn.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Rumour coming out of Newcastle that BDB has failed the medical. After two hours of testing, using some of the most advanced assessment methods, it has become apparent that he can’t touch his toes.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I remember talking to a toon mate when NUFC was first taken over by moneybags.

Neymar, Messi, Lewandowski maybe?

Now much as I love BDB, I am certain that neither he nor Matt Targett were even mentioned :shrug:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I know it will be announced about 20 seconds before this gets posted, but why is this taking so long to confirm?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
He’s not very happy with his new club van though

It's more the fact that they had to cut a hole in the roof, and give him a motorbike helmet. I'd be pissed off if I had to spend my day with my head out the roof at 70mph.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here