Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
A few on here seem to be crediting all Burns ability and performances to Potter, I just want to point out that Leeds fans thought Bielsa had fashioned a player called Ben White out of a piece of shit we sent them on loan. It wasn't true of Ben White, and it isn't true of Dan Burn.

Indeed, and both were MoM on debut for the clubs, Burn's pre-Potter. Both improved by those managers, but not out of recognition.

Amexarmadillo

Dec 22, 2021
I feel really down about this .. Did not they say last year something like “ nobody leaves Albion unless it is a good deal for the club “ How can this be a good deal for us? We are giving away a regular first team player who has captained at the bedrock of our defence, for a paltry £13 million ( as reported)
I know his age and the move back home may suit him personally, but our club is now weaker.
Actually, moves to your dream club don’t always work out, ask Shane Duffy !

He’s technically our 5th (maybe 4th) choice centre back and if Dunk was fit would be nowhere near a game. We will never get money for him after this window. He’s had four or five really good performances this year which are seriously clouding everyone’s memories and rationality. It’s a great deal.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Was going to query that, has he actually signed on the dotted line yet

Sun saying it's done. No one else says it is including their argus equivalent, the chronicle..Other journos including this one saying not done.

Looks like it's not done or at least not announced. Said personal terms agreed ages ago, Albion agreed fee, did medical hours ago. Who knows wtf is happening.

Hopefully he's disappeared, done a bunk and is somewhere on the A1 heading south!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They’re probably doing some big cringey reveal video / trying to drag it out to create some ‘drama’

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Perhaps when he was doing his medical, he opened the wrong door and was presented with a pile of corpses?

It was going great until they brought out the whip and the executioners sword to size him up, when he thought "f*** this"

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
SSN certain deal not done. Just a thought, maybe promised other players would join club but now he sees that no 'big name' has joined him.

Or maybe he's thinking that is it worth going for 4 months of football knowing if they stay up they will splash the cash in the summer with better prospects of bigger names signing especially, when reported, his family are well settled here in the south.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Breaking news on Sky Sports that it’s a done deal. Sad day.

Edit confirmed on club website.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here