Haywards Heath
Good luck Dan. You always gave 100%

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is pure class:

"No ill-feelings towards Newcastle-bound Dan Burn from Brighton manager Graham Potter, who says: "We were not actively looking to sell Dan during this window, but the transfer represents a very good transfer for our club and the player.

“Newcastle are Dan’s boyhood club, and this move allows him to potentially play out the rest of his career at his home club. Ever since I have been at the club, Dan has been brilliant for me. He is a superb professional, adaptable and a great character on and off the pitch.

“We will miss him here, but we understand his reasons for wanting to move and he goes with our thanks and very best wishes for the future.”"

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
None of these pricks had even heard of Burn 12 months ago, especially that gurning prick Shearer, now it’s all ‘welcome home’ and ‘what a coup’.
Well we’ll see, if they get Burn of the last 6 months then £13m is value for money, if they get the Burn of the first 18 months here then it’s £10m too much.
Potter improved Burn beyond recognition, over to you Eddie………..

My god I hope this lot drop.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I guess "I dont understand enough about English football culture" to understand why you are happy about Burn leaving.

Not happy, just non plussed. That's football, people move on, not critical to our team, will be replaced.

Perhaps in time you will understand more. The club is bigger than the player, they come and go, my support for the club is unlikely to end.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'm quite sad about this, and think we have undersold him. Despite being 29 and 1.5 years left on his contract, I think he was worth more in today's market - somewhere closer to 20m.

However, if I was to pick any of our centre backs to leave he would have probably been top of the list, perhaps equal to Duffy.

My hope is that under a new manager he takes a while to settle in, or doesn't quite fit the style, and they get relegated. As much as I like BDB, I am so very keen to see them go down this year.

Sadly though my head says they've made a couple of solid signings, this being one of them, and they'll have enough to stay up.

Leeds meanwhile, despite having a small squad and an injury list as long as one of BDB's legs, have not brought anyone in. Think they could be in trouble.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hope he plays well but they don't avoid relegation as he's more likely to get another season in the first team then.

Good luck and thanks for that goal.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Fair play to the guy. If even six months ago you’d suggest we’d be even half as gutted about this you’d think yourself mad.
True pro, quality player, and wish him all the best up there.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Great tweet from our club and serious Albion love in from their fans in the comments because of it.

[tweet]1488282833252761603[/tweet]

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Newcastle have to accommodate 4 new players into a team, with no FA Cup. They don’t have enough points on the board to slip up much if at all. There are absolutely no guarantees. However that goalkeeping howler at Leeds will save them, that was a massive 3 points unfortunately.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not happy, just non plussed. That's football, people move on, not critical to our team, will be replaced.

Perhaps in time you will understand more. The club is bigger than the player, they come and go, my support for the club is unlikely to end.

I think the reason is that most on hear are Brighton fans first and foremost. We have some great players pass through our books over the year but the one constant are the fans. Lately on this forum we had a couple of posters that have arrived because they follow an individual. First we had Chris Hughton's shadow trying to rewrite history and now Swansman arrived following the arrival of Potter although (in my opinion) the contribution of the latter far exceed the quality of the former.

It's like those that follow Ronaldo wherever he goes or other world stars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here