Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Very sad to hear that 1 of our most versatile and improved player is about to leave our wonderful club.i wish Dan burn all the best but not Newcastle FC.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Clearly a move the player wanted and decent fee and with a good conveyor belt of young replacements in the pipeline it makes sense

Wish him well he has been a top pro at the club and has been thoroughly reliable whenever called upon.

edchan102

Aug 21, 2020
It's ok for a player that got 18 months contract left and almost 30 year old to leave. Also, we stocked with a lot young and talented CBs in our club right now.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If someone had told me last summer we would get £13 million for BDB, I would have said they were delusional.

All the best Dan, but I hope you get relegated.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If he's going I hope there's also an incoming that improves us now. Undav would be good but seems thats for summer, and Enciso is young future potential.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Gutted as Burn was a favourite of mine to watch. Seemed a triumph of nature over physics and he was great to see marauding up the wing. Especially remembered for the Man City winner, a really fantastic moment. Great player, sorely missed but although I hope he is happy with his move, I cannot wish on field success for that disgrace of a football club.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m surprised by this, not necessarily the fee but as one of GPs favourite and most versatile options - I’m guessing Dan wanted to go... but, he will he missed. It’s going to be an interesting few hours for us as a club... hey ho, it’s a few more £ in the bank when all’s said and done.

Good luck BDB.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's ok for a player that got 18 months contract left and almost 30 year old to leave. Also, we stocked with a lot young and talented CBs in our club right now.

And three other centre backs close to 30 years of age still remain, we still have bags of experience and leadership at the back.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Sad to see him go as he's been decent recently, but given in the summer there was no doubt going to be a bit of a reshuffle at centre back (with Ostigard, Clarke, or Van Hecke coming in) this is probably good business. Last season I wouldnt have believed someone would pay £13m for BDB.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good move for the clubs and the player IMO.

Also worth remembering that, it's only because of his performances in last few months that he's gone for that money. I'm not saying he was shitehouse – I love the fella – but, at the start of the season, no-one could've predicted getting more than £10m for him in January.

Onwards and upwards – would the next CB off the Albion production line, please make their way to the first team?! :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a shit deal, and we are now weaker as a direct result. This has properly pissed all over my yorkshire puddings.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If someone had told me last summer we would get £13 million for BDB, I would have said they were delusional.

All the best Dan, but I hope you get relegated.

If they'd said it 6 weeks ago on the day before Dunk got injured no one would have believed it.

we'll have to see if his current form is just that -a purple patch - or if he's genuinely leveled up.

Either way the best of luck to him, he's been a great pro regardless of how well he's been playing.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Good luck Dan, thanks for the contribution this season. Dunky will be fit again soon.
Not concerned, it's a reasonable fee considering his age and we can reinvest come the Summer window.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Let’s hope there’s a clause that he has to play at left back against us (think Lamptey would like that!)

Although sorry to see him go, he always came across as a great pro and always put in 100% - flourished under Potters tuition

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here