Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Their desperation is becoming increasingly....well, desperate. Funniest outcome now is no CB signing when the window slams shut - quite a good chance of this happening now I reckon. Almost like the other clubs are conspiring against them ???:D

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Exactly. And its hilarious. Given they're right in the relegation muck and how much money they have they really should have just paid up for one of their targets rather than lowballing everyone. Tarkowski also apparently another option for them as he's out of contract in the summer, although Burnley obviously not wanting to sell to a relegation rival. But presumably may have to if nobody else comes in for him, or risk losing him for nothing.

After all their fans celebrating the influx of dirty money in anticipation of it being spent on some of the world's best players, it would be LOLs if Newcastle's transfer dealings in an attempt to escape the bottom 3 were to consist of 2 Burnley players and an ex Burnley player, the one club that has been worse than them so far this season.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Their desperation is becoming increasingly....well, desperate. Funniest outcome now is no CB signing when the window slams shut - quite a good chance of this happening now I reckon. Almost like the other clubs are conspiring against them ???:D

Perhaps we should loan Burn or Dunk to Burnley

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Yup - ‘no one give Newcastle a centre back, pass it on’!

But this actually makes the Burn deal more likely. It’s obvious Newcastle want two centre backs as well as two strikers etc but if they are only going to get our one, they’ll have a lot more money to profoundly over-pay for him.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yup - ‘no one give Newcastle a centre back, pass it on’!

But this actually makes the Burn deal more likely. It’s obvious Newcastle want two centre backs as well as two strikers etc but if they are only going to get our one, they’ll have a lot more money to profoundly over-pay for him.

They offer silly money for BDB, then Tony says NO again is the ideal scenario

Window then closes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Window then closes

Would be hilarious. Really hope Newcastle are of the mindset that this back and forth of bids will inevitably end in Dan Burn signing for them and its just all about edging towards an acceptable fee, all the while Tony is just stringing them along knowing we outright wont be selling. & boom, window closes leaving Newcastle with nobody.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Window then closes

BDB goes for silly money, we cash in on a player who cost us £4m and with 18 months left in his contract ….. they still get relegated.

Ideal scenario, surely, Shirley.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Newcastle are like the kid given £10 to go and spend in the sweet shop - “I’ll have some of those, no, changed my mind, I want those ones up there, no I’ll have that one there, and um, those ones I saw before . . .”

Those idiots running Newcastle can't recognise that they are going to have to pay the asking price for the players they want (which, like Wood, could be a release fee). They seem to think that if they think Club A is overvaluing their, for instance, CB, then they can go to Club B who will accept their opening bid.
It's the polar opposite of City's strategy which is they have their price (which might be more than their opening offer) and, if it's not met, they don't really exceed it.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Would be hilarious. Really hope Newcastle are of the mindset that this back and forth of bids will inevitably end in Dan Burn signing for them and its just all about edging towards an acceptable fee, all the while Tony is just stringing them along knowing we outright wont be selling. & boom, window closes leaving Newcastle with nobody.

Not going to happen though is it. They’ll have a few irons in the fire and have been linked to about half a dozen names at CB, Bednarek being the latest.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Noooo

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
BDB goes for silly money, we cash in on a player who cost us £4m and with 18 months left in his contract ….. they still get relegated.

Ideal scenario, surely, Shirley.

Then, when Kowalski & Enciso are worth £30m+ we’ll look back on the sale of 29 year old Dan Burn and say we signed those two with his transfer fee!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Bollox. We'll miss him.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I’m in two minds about this.

He is in great form and be sad to see him go.

However we are so well stocked at CB, getting £13m for someone with 18 months left on his contract is decent business really.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Perhaps we should loan Burn or Dunk to Burnley

There’s something in that.
All the top clubs should lend Burnley Norwich and Watford some high quality players.
Every club outside Newcastle loses if they stay up. In the short term, the weaker PL teams. In the longer term, the big boys.
Annoyingly, Dan Burn is exactly the kind of player Newcastle need to keep them up.
BTW Wigan have a sell-on so we won’t get 13 mill. 13 mill feels too low even in full.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sad to seem him go. Wished we could have reached £15m+, but I suppose if they started bidding at £7/8m, that’s not a bad hand from Tony.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here