Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
An ethical decision based on a murderous regime but with no interest in where their weapons are from, that presumably help with the murdering? I can see why Howe and others will join them if they can equally turn glaring contradictions on and off at will.

I am not making sense of what you are saying here. I can decide someone is a **** that I wouldn't work for, whilst at the same time disagreeing with my country selling stuff to that ****, that help them to be *****? I don't see a contradiction?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I am not making sense of what you are saying here. I can decide someone is a **** that I wouldn't work for, whilst at the same time disagreeing with my country selling stuff to that ****, that help them to be *****? I don't see a contradiction?

Yes but will you be judging a person who wants to manage Newcastle or play for their boyhood club because they feel that our country already trades and deals with the regime which seems fine with everyone generally because it’s ‘old’ news, and all they want to do is play football? The contradiction is picking and choosing what is relevant. Very easy to say ‘I wouldn’t sign for them’ without an offer in front of you.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes but will you be judging a person who wants to manage Newcastle or play for their boyhood club because they feel that our country already trades and deals with the regime which seems fine with everyone generally because it’s ‘old’ news, and all they want to do is play football? The contradiction is picking and choosing what is relevant. Very easy to say ‘I wouldn’t sign for them’ without an offer in front of you.

I wouldn’t.

I disagree with selling arms to the murderers

Zero contradiction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Given we have no need or want to sell, the closer we get to the deadline the price for BDB should be going up. Sounds like Newcastle have been turned down by a lot of other options.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Oh yes, I think I have made it clear I am quite judgy about that, however in Dan Burns case, it isn't just money turning his head, it is an affection for the club, which borders on religion in the area he is from, so softens it a bit for me.
Everyone is not fine with UK selling arms to Saudi, it is shameful and is challenged in the courts. I am not happy they were judged to be fit and proper owners of NUFC, and I am not happy with anyone that takes their shilling, that is well off enough to be able to afford not to.

It isn't a contradiction.

Stumpy Tim

I’m pretty sure we won’t be saying we want between £12m and £15m - not great negotiating tactics!

History, in the shape of the sales of Ulloa and Ben White, suggest Bloom sets a figure he wants and then just sticks to it. He doesn't negotiate. It's an open and honest form of selling if you're strong enough to stick to it, which Bloom is. Rumour has it we've said £15m for Burn to leave so that will be the fee if he goes

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
History, in the shape of the sales of Ulloa and Ben White, suggest Bloom sets a figure he wants and then just sticks to it. He doesn't negotiate. It's an open and honest form of selling if you're strong enough to stick to it, which Bloom is. Rumour has it we've said £15m for Burn to leave so that will be the fee if he goes

Did the rumour come from twitter or from someone connected to BDB, NUFC or BHAFC?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Maybe, but then FF to Monday………………..‘Sorry Amanda, it was £15m on Friday and Saturday when you took the absolute piss with offers of £8m and £10m…….with a couple of hours left in the window and your defence still a shitshow and everyone else turning you down after you’ve shown your knickers to the market, the price has gone up to £25m I’m afraid’

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Maybe, but then FF to Monday………………..‘Sorry Amanda, it was £15m on Friday and Saturday when you took the absolute piss with offers of £8m and £10m…….with a couple of hours left in the window and your defence still a shitshow and everyone else turning you down after you’ve shown your knickers to the market, the price has gone up to £25m I’m afraid’
I'm in this school of Bloomonomics.

We don't need to sell. Burn is content to stop with us (as reliably reported). Sellers' market in January.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If he does go back home, then I would be inclined to bring back the Pompey guy we keep hawking around the championship - clarke

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he does go back home, then I would be inclined to bring back the Pompey guy we keep hawking around the championship - clarke

Yes.If - and only if - we feel the need to recall someone, it would be the equally left sided Clarke, with two and a half year's Championship experience under his belt. He's playing regularly at WBA it's true, but by and large they don't seem too bothered about him one way or the other. With WBA going into meltdown and the whole fan base wanting the manager sacked, he'd probably be quite glad to come to us for 6 months and take a chance of getting a bit of PL game time.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well that’s weird because he got voted player of the season so far in a recent poll

They have a player of the season poll in January? They've kept that quiet (very sensibly; they might well get mocked).

Certainly isn't much enthsiasm about him on their fans' forum website - pretty much ignored TBH.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast

Newcastle are like the kid given £10 to go and spend in the sweet shop - “I’ll have some of those, no, changed my mind, I want those ones up there, no I’ll have that one there, and um, those ones I saw before . . .”

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Also.... Sky sports reporting that Newcastle's chase for Carlos from Sevilla is not over, and Daily Star saying they could make a late bid for Conor Coady. Seems nobody really knows what Newcastle are up to in terms of centre backs.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Also.... Sky sports reporting that Newcastle's chase for Carlos from Sevilla is not over, and Daily Star saying they could make a late bid for Conor Coady. Seems nobody really knows what Newcastle are up to in terms of centre backs.

Including Newcastle, it seems... Sevilla are upping the price every time Newcastle meet it (which is hilarious), I can't see Wolves letting Coady go this late in the window with no replacement, they've fannied about so long on Burn, they may well miss out there too.

Considering they've got more money than God, you'd think they'd have possibly made a couple more transfer moves earlier that 2 days before the end of the window. It's all got a bit "Chase Nunez all summer and get Danny Welbeck" about it

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Including Newcastle, it seems... Sevilla are upping the price every time Newcastle meet it (which is hilarious), I can't see Wolves letting Coady go this late in the window with no replacement, they've fannied about so long on Burn, they may well miss out there too.

Considering they've got more money than God, you'd think they'd have possibly made a couple more transfer moves earlier that 2 days before the end of the window. It's all got a bit "Chase Nunez all summer and get Danny Welbeck" about it

Exactly. And its hilarious. Given they're right in the relegation muck and how much money they have they really should have just paid up for one of their targets rather than lowballing everyone. Tarkowski also apparently another option for them as he's out of contract in the summer, although Burnley obviously not wanting to sell to a relegation rival. But presumably may have to if nobody else comes in for him, or risk losing him for nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here