Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth joins Newcastle

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
nothing's being twisted or clutched. we know the club have replacements lined up in literally every staff role. potter has been here for even less time than ashworth, and yet we know if he went tomorrow the club would already have someone in mind to replace him. why would ashworth's position be any different?

Because Ashworth is top table.

Managers come and go.
The manager is there to fit in with the blueprint laid down by Ashworth.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not sure lawyers is the way Marinakis do it...

In March 2018, Marinakis was charged with drug trafficking.[118] The accusations against Marinakis were described as "very serious charges" following an investigation after the tanker Noor 1 was intercepted at the Greek port of Piraeus carrying 2.1 tonnes of heroin in 2014.[119] According to the jailed co-owner of Noor 1, Efthymios Yiannousakis, the vessel had in fact carried an additional ton of heroin (worth $70 million) which was unloaded on the island of Crete and trafficked to mainland Europe before Greek authorities managed to intercept the rest of the cargo. Yiannousakis further claimed that the heroin unloaded in Crete belonged to Marinakis.[6] The judicial council of the Piraeus Lower Court touched on all related issues and ruled that the prosecutor's order was not justified.[120]

Nottingham Forest F.C. chairman Nicholas Randall wrote an open letter to supporters reaffirming his support for Evangelos Marinakis. Randall confirmed the matter was under investigation but that "there is no ‘charge’ against Marinakis and no ‘prosecution’ is in process."[121]

In January 2021 and after 10 witnesses of the case have already died, and after reviewing the case, the judge came to the conclusion that there was no evidence implicating Marinakis, and therefore concluded his investigation''.[122]

Now I repeat - What the F#ck has this got to do with this got to do with the Lewis Dunk discussion ?

You really are putting this Board in Legal jeopardy by referring to someone as a ''Drug Dealer'' and then backing it up with '' the judge came to the conclusion that there was no evidence implicating Marinakis, and therefore concluded his investigation ''

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Please don't post anything on here that will get you or the site in legal trouble.

If you think that there is even a chance that it might then don't post - or edit if you subsequently consider that it might.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Now I repeat - What the F#ck has this got to do with this got to do with the Lewis Dunk discussion ?

You really are putting this Board in Legal jeopardy by referring to someone as a ''Drug Dealer and then backing it up with '' the judge came to the conclusion that there was no evidence implicating Marinakis, and therefore concluded his investigation ''

Yes, and he's having a few days off as a result. People should also note my post #243

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Swansman, truly one of this sites great enigmas, who has randomly dragged conversation from Ashworth leaving to Drug Trafficking, outstanding.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Because Ashworth is top table.

Managers come and go.
The manager is there to fit in with the blueprint laid down by Ashworth.

No, Mr Bloom is top table.

Everyone else can be replaced. If you think TB would be naïve enough to not have a plan should something like this happen then you haven't been paying attention I'm afraid. The very fact that we've allowed him to speak to them indicates that TB is satisfied that he could be adequately placed. Because if he couldn't, I guarantee we wouldn't be having this conversation now

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Please don't post anything on here that will get you or the site in legal trouble.

If you think that there is even a chance that it might then don't post - or edit if you subsequently consider that it might.

About time we banned this stupid person! ( swans man) He will get the place shut down with this

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Swansman, truly one of this sites great enigmas, who has randomly dragged conversation from Ashworth leaving to Drug Trafficking, outstanding.

For someone like him who is obviously a very clever bloke and has a wealth of knowledge on so many things and is a ''Master of the Analogy'' and very funny sometimes - He can also be as thick as shiite occasionally

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Everyone else can be replaced. If you think TB would be naïve enough to not have a plan should something like this happen then you haven't been paying attention I'm afraid. The very fact that we've allowed him to speak to them indicates that TB is satisfied that he could be adequately placed. Because if he couldn't, I guarantee we wouldn't be having this conversation now

It doesn't really.
Allowing Ashworth to talk is the pragmatic and only option Tony has available to him.
A flat out 'no' just loses control of the situation.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Quite frankly the fact that Ashworth wants to talk to them and take their sullied cash leads me to conclude that I'll drive him up there and he can feck off. I trust in Tony

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Ashworth to newcastle

Quite frankly the fact that Ashworth wants to talk to them and take their sullied cash leads me to conclude that I'll drive him up there and he can feck off. I trust in Tony

Quite frankly You can get to the back of the “I’d drive him up there brigade”queue! I’ve been waiting for the opportunity for over a year…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Phew.

I'll got a few days off from being followed around by some love struck tweenie desperate for validation from the latest K-Pop sensation.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
It doesn't really.
Allowing Ashworth to talk is the pragmatic and only option Tony has available to him.
A flat out 'no' just loses control of the situation.

It's definitely the pragmatic option, I'll agree with that. But the fact is that if he leaves, there will be a contingency plan in place, and someone else of around the same ability will come in. There is literally nothing about the way this club is structured or run to suggest otherwise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's definitely the pragmatic option, I'll agree with that. But the fact is that if he leaves, there will be a contingency plan in place, and someone else of around the same ability will come in. There is literally nothing about the way this club is structured or run to suggest otherwise.

Of course.

I think the timescale on a replacement will prove this isn't a situation The B's are fully prepared for, like every other one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here