Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth joins Newcastle

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We do according to the article I read as he is on a rolling contract.

Yeh - If he is a on a '' Rolling Contract '' the ''Compromise Agreement'' will most likely be to pay that up - So probably a Years Salary if its a one year rolling Contract or 2 years if it is a 2 years Rolling Contract

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Quite frankly the fact that Ashworth wants to talk to them and take their sullied cash leads me to conclude that I'll drive him up there and he can feck off. I trust in Tony

I was under the impression that Newcastle asked for permission to speak with DA and BHA had agreed to this. I have seen nothing that suggests that DA actually wants to speak to them

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I was under the impression that Newcastle asked for permission to speak with DA and BHA had agreed to this. I have seen nothing that suggests that DA actually wants to speak to them

Come on! Realistically do you think he wouldn't and if so on what grounds? Any sense of loyalty and/or unease about the owners would be forgotten easily when they mention the salary. Thankfully I'm sure Tony has a plan and it's not proven thus far that Ashworth was the Messiah

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Come on! Realistically do you think he wouldn't and if so on what grounds? Any sense of loyalty and/or unease about the owners would be forgotten easily when they mention the salary. Thankfully I'm sure Tony has a plan and it's not proven thus far that Ashworth was the Messiah

Im pretty sure he would speak to them I just hadnt seen any confirmation of it so dont think its fair to condemn him before we know the facts

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
People come, people go.
I’m sure Bloom and Barber will have planned for this possibility in the same way they will have a plan for when Potter moves on.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Im pretty sure he would speak to them I just hadnt seen any confirmation of it so dont think its fair to condemn him before we know the facts

Unrealistic perhaps but just maybe if not interested he could say so off the bat. On the basis that both parties have approved discussions you would have to admit it suggests he's interested. On that basis I'm up for the lynching now! :)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Don’t know if it’ll be a huge loss. Good luck to him if he chooses the Saudis over Bloom.
Really doesn’t feel like he’s had a massive impact.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I struggle to understand how anyone with an ounce of decency in their bodies would want to work for that regime. A decision to move there would, in my book, be a show of true colours and they won’t be blue and white.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Don’t know if it’ll be a huge loss. Good luck to him if he the chooses the Saudis over Bloom.
Really doesn’t feel like he’s had a huge impact.

Such an odd comment. Neither you nor I nor most fans have any idea of the impact he has had. But bringing in young players and setting up and managing great structures around development of these players seem to be his thing. Regarded within the game as one of the best and regarded by the club as a valuable member of the team, surely by most criteria he would be a big loss. Not aiming this at you, but there does seem to be a marked lack of appreciation of him on this thread and judging by the likely job spec at Newcastle, it doesn't look like the right fit for him. Can't blame him for looking though. Financially it could be all his Christmases at once:D

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Such an odd comment. Neither you nor I nor most fans have any idea of the impact he has had. But bringing in young players and setting up and managing great structures around development of these players seem to be his thing. Regarded within the game as one of the best and regarded by the club as a valuable member of the team, surely by most criteria he would be a big loss. Not aiming this at you, but there does seem to be a marked lack of appreciation of him on this thread and judging by the likely job spec at Newcastle, it doesn't look like the right fit for him. Can't blame him for looking though. Financially it could be all his Christmases at once:D

I think he can only be judged by signings and the progress of our teams. In that sense I can’t see how he has been anymore successful than previous DofF’s. He’s signed Lamptey, a big plus, but the striker thing appears a massive failure. Previous DofF signed Biss, our best signing. Someone else spotted White, our most profitable departure. Overall, in the last ten years, we’ve made some great signings and we have been moving forwards. So I can imagine that continuing whoever comes in next.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Doesn't usually make the Press if the individuals themselves don't show an interest in speaking to the party enquiring - Rejections are normally done behind the scenes if that is the situation. Although I would imagine there are probably the odd exceptions to that situation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here