Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dailey mirror today Ashley barns to Bristol city

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
We may not need to sell him, but its possible that Lord Gus wants to sell him.

Even though he got 20 goals, he's obviosuly not Lord Gus' favourite player. He played 2nd fiddle to Wood, a loanee, and if Poyer thought that highly of him, surely Barnes would have played with Murray, and Wood would have warmed the bench, but no, Poyet rather played another teams striker than his own. Suggests he's not an Ashley fan. Maybe Poyet is one of the few who can see beyond the "20 goals" headline. Seems to be the case if this is true. I think Poyet should get one of those NSC knighthoods people were talking about on Friday:)

Do me a favour. Gus signed him & bigged him up on a couple of occasions last season. He's definitely a fan of his & signed him with the Championship in mind. Unless we get silly money or Nicky Maynard out of the deal - he isn't going anywhere.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Do me a favour. Gus signed him & bigged him up on a couple of occasions last season. He's definitely a fan of his & signed him with the Championship in mind. Unless we get silly money or Nicky Maynard out of the deal - he isn't going anywhere.

This...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I've already explained it. Barnes is under contract so no issues there about him being on the bench. If Wood found himself on the bench to often then Poyet is risking WBA pulling the plug on the loan deal. Why would Wood sit on the bench for us when he could do that at WBA?
So what you are saying is, Poyet would risk the promotion push by playing Wood, rather than Barnes? Or would he simply pick who he thinks is best for the team?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I agree with your last statemnt, he wont leave unless he's used as bait, and Gus bigged him up last season, any decent manager would.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Too simplistic... Gus has always been positive about Barnes, and I wouldn't say Barnes played 2nd fiddle to Wood or vice versa... the strikers were all rotated... Gus certainly DOES like Barnes as a player; watch how he celebrated Barnes' 20th goal (if that is still possible somewhere)...
They weren't rotated as all. Murray and Wood were the two first choices. Barnes was cover for them for most of the latter half of the season. I watched as 2000 plus of us celebrated Barnes 20th goal... including me (although I wasn't watching me, but I was there!!) And Poyet is never going to be negative in public about any player.... is he?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree with your last statemnt, he wont leave unless he's used as bait, and Gus bigged him up last season, any decent manager would.

Do you WANT Barnes to go?

Personally, I don't AND, more importantly, I don't think Gus does either...

IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN... live with it...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Oh goody, another thread about Barnes turning into a one man binfest. :facepalm:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Do you WANT Barnes to go?

Personally, I don't AND, more importantly, I don't think Gus does either...

IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN... live with it...
Don't care if Barnes stays or goes. If he stays he'll be 4th choice at best. If he leaves, we'll replace him with another 4th choice striker.

If its to get Maynard, then sorry but yes, I hope he does leave!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
They weren't rotated as all. Murray and Wood were the two first choices. Barnes was cover for them for most of the latter half of the season. I watched as 2000 plus of us celebrated Barnes 20th goal... including me (although I wasn't watching me, but I was there!!) And Poyet is never going to be negative in public about any player.... is he?

Do you have a VENDETTA against Barnes? Do you have selective memory? BTW I wouldn't swap Barnes for Wood... I know Wood is still young, but on the evidence of what I have seen, he is utter, utter gash...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't care if Barnes stays or goes. If he stays he'll be 4th choice at best. If he leaves, we'll replace him with another 4th choice striker.

If its to get Maynard, then sorry but yes, I hope he does leave!!

For Maynard, yes, but THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN EITHER

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Did we play 50 league games?? f***ing hell, that explain why we were so far ahead for the rest then!!

FFS... he played for us on loan the season before too...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh goody, another thread about Barnes turning into a one man binfest. :facepalm:

Pathetic isn't it?

Personally, I don't think Mr Burns really has a much right to a comment because seeing as his pathological personal and professional hatred of the man has been laid bare time and time and time again, he is in no position to make a neutral, unbiased, sensible comment on this matter.

Therefore, he is best ignored and left to his own hubris.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pathetic isn't it?

Personally, I don't think Mr Burns really has a much right to a comment because seeing as his pathological personal and professional hatred of the man has been laid bare time and time and time again, he is in no position to make a neutral, unbiased, sensible comment on this matter.

Therefore, he is best ignored and left to his own hubris.

That explains it...

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Mr Burns in Ashley Barnes thread hijack shocker.

Pros
  • Quotes from Gus saying he can be a £1m player.
  • Something like 6th top scorer in the division, whilst being second fiddle to Murray.
  • Great natural movement and instinct at just 20/21 years of age.
  • Excellent workrate and link-up play.
  • Admittedly wasteful in front of goal, but managed to 'fluke one in' on twenty separate, equally flukey occasions.
Cons
  • Mr Burns thinks he's shit.

Sell him.:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here