Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dailey mirror today Ashley barns to Bristol city

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Pffft! Hanging out on a rival club's messageboard. First sign you have no life.

Coming from the bloke who has over 11, 500 post's... LMFAO

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You offered to double his wages.

Palace are paying £8k per week. A £1k difference.

That's £156k over three years, plus £416k for the extra year, plus whatever he gets for a signing on fee .... So it's not just £1k is it. BTW, I was told by A palace supporting mate that was at least £2k a week more.
As he was out of contract his signing on fee would have been substantial, possibly around £100k, so you got him for around £670k more than we were willing to offer. Not an insignificant sum!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Glad someone found the stats to back it up. Cheers. Barnes wasn't backup last season and that proves it.
It doesn't prove it though does it. How many of those games was where Barnes and Wood played together? How many of them was at the end of the season and promotion was guaranteed? How mnay when Murray was injured, meaning Wood and Barnes were the only to strikers. As I said before you can say anything with stats. Barnesd was back up, doesn't mean though he's not going to play when needed!!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It doesn't prove it though does it. How many of those games was where Barnes and Wood played together? How many of them was at the end of the season and promotion was guaranteed? How mnay when Murray was injured, meaning Wood and Barnes were the only to strikers. As I said before you can say anything with stats. Barnesd was back up, doesn't mean though he's not going to play when needed!!

The following are the stats from the games that both were available for from the Colchester game up to and including the title winning game at Walsall:

Wood started five games for which Barnes was on the bench.

Barnes started four games for which Wood was on the bench.

They started five games together.

Of the five games they started they were both subbed off four times(if you want to go into even more detail-wood was subbed off earlier twice and Barnes was earlier twice)

As a bonus bit of info, for the Dagenham away game- a game which Barnes was injured for-Wood started on the bench and Sandaza started(and completed) the match.

For the Southampton game, Barnes was preferred over Wood. For the final three games when Murray was injured they both started every game (with Wood being subbed off once and Barnes not at all).

There's really nothing to split them. There is absolutely nothing to justify the claim that Wood was the preferred choice as the starting striker and Barnes was back up.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford

Even if he was back-up, you're not exactly adding weight to the idea that he wasn't good, seeing as he got 20 goals! The way I saw it, Barnes and Wood played second fiddle to Murray. Barnes was better than Wood and we should do everything in our power to keep him at the club. End of story.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
First two and a half years he was here Murray was playing for a mediocre team and his performances were nothing to get excited about. Last season he was playing for a very good team and he did well. Next season he won't be playing for a good team. He'll be playing for a team that avoided relegation but is about to loose it's best players. It has a budget that is reliant on Bosmans, a lot of players have turned his new team down. Southampton, Millwall and Derby plus ourselves didn't think he was worth what he thought.

Simple really, even a Palace fan can understand it surely ?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
How the hell has a thread about Bristol going after Barnes degenerated into another Palarse/Murray binfest? :facepalm:

For what its worth i reckon any interest they might have had will be over now they've signed Ryan Taylor.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
First two and a half years he was here Murray was playing for a mediocre team and his performances were nothing to get excited about. Last season he was playing for a very good team and he did well. Next season he won't be playing for a good team. He'll be playing for a team that avoided relegation but is about to loose it's best players. It has a budget that is reliant on Bosmans, a lot of players have turned his new team down. Southampton, Millwall and Derby plus ourselves didn't think he was worth what he thought.

oooh you've changed your unicorn......nice.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
oooh you've changed your unicorn......nice.

Now the euphoria of success has worn off most BHA fans have a different perspective. The fact that so many other clubs weren't so interested is a factor.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How the hell has a thread about Bristol going after Barnes degenerated into another Palarse/Murray binfest? :facepalm:

For what its worth i reckon any interest they might have had will be over now they've signed Ryan Taylor.

It's a vain attempt to save Mr Burns from looking foolish.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Again, you talk a good game but you have NO FACTS to back this up. We got turned down by one young player because we couldn't promise him first team football this year, Watford could. If anything it show's us that Watford are in a weaker position if they can guarentee him a starting place.

And last time i checked our class players (Speroni, Clyne, Ambrose, Zaha to name a few) were still with us. It's you're tinpot club that is selling all it's good players...

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Again, you talk a good game but you have NO FACTS to back this up. We got turned down by one young player because we couldn't promise him first team football this year, Watford could. If anything it show's us that Watford are in a weaker position if they can guarentee him a starting place.

And last time i checked our class players (Speroni, Clyne, Ambrose, Zaha to name a few) were still with us. It's you're tinpot club that is selling all it's good players...

We have sold one player to a Premier League side. We have not sold any other players we did not want to sell. And you have acquired one player whose contract was up who we did not wish to retain on his terms. We have bought a player for a fee that will likely rise to £1m and another for an initial £500,000 that could rise to £800,000. We also reportedly agreed a deal in excess of £1m for Lua Lua and that situation is ongoing. It may be the case that we have also agreed a fee for Mackail-Smith, as unlikely it is that he will choose Brighton over the Premier League, but that is not really the hallmark of a "tinpot club" is it.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

Tick Tock Tick Tock.....
SOUTH LONDON PRESS TODAY | SPORT | Palace boss Freedman expects bids for star men

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Of course he expects bids, we have some fantastic players. If the right offer comes in then they will go but we will have money to spend on replacements. Clyne and Ambrose alone will get us £4 million in total if they go. It's the same for you guys and about 20 other clubs in this division, if a bigger fish comes in with enough money then players will obviously go.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Pretty pointless post before then wasn't it?!

Well, BHAexpress was implying we will lose all our good players when there is little evidence to suggest this. But i'm not naive to think that there won't be clubs sniffing about and with the right amount of £ they will go. But until then it's speculation.

Anyway back to Barnes, i get the feeling many of you don't rate him? No great lose if he went?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here