Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cyclists in Brighton

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Last year, while driving to Shoreham along the coast road I stopped at the lights in the big dip just west of Boundary Road, Portslade. I was the third car from the stop line. When the lights went green we all pulled away. Imagine my surprise to be overtaken and cut up by a cyclist as he weaved across the front of my accelerating car from right to left. I very nearly hit him but he decided to hang off his bike spitting bile, venom and abuse . Sadly, I wish now that I had hit him and the law taken its course as an example of his stupidity and arrogance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last year, while driving to Shoreham along the coast road I stopped at the lights in the big dip just west of Boundary Road, Portslade. I was the third car from the stop line. When the lights went green we all pulled away. Imagine my surprise to be overtaken and cut up by a cyclist as he weaved across the front of my accelerating car from right to left. I very nearly hit him but he decided to hang off his bike spitting bile, venom and abuse . Sadly, I wish now that I had hit him and the law taken its course as an example of his stupidity and arrogance.
Being a MAMiL, I was coming back from a 70 mile loop, over Ditchling Beacon.
At those lights I stopped only for 3 other like minded men to separately shoot past me across the red.

I had the last laugh when I reeled each one back before Shoreham, tw@ts like that give us all a bad name.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Being a MAMiL, I was coming back from a 70 mile loop, over Ditchling Beacon.
At those lights I stopped only for 3 other like minded men to separately shoot past me across the red.

I had the last laugh when I reeled each one back before Shoreham, tw@ts like that give us all a bad name.

Genuine question, why would you use that road ? Doesn't part of the coastway cycle route run past the power station then across the lock gates ?

I only ask as I have just taken up cycling again and was looking at the route 2 along the coast. Is it easier to use the road ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cycle routes are ok for pootling but not 'proper' riding.
The last thing you want is to be bumping up and down curbs, watching out for adults and small children, or lunatics with inferiority complexes, when you are going anywhere between 15 - 25 mph.

As I said when you're on the road your mistake will cause you to be killed to death, by a car.
On a cycle path it could go either way, and I couldn't live with myself if my only defence was 'well I was on the cycle path'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here