Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cyclists in Brighton

how f***ing hard is it to raise an arm to indicate let everyone know what your doing on your bike. and which do you see more, i would say a much higher percentage of car drivers, my eight year old son had his collar bone broken by a cyclist, riding on the pavement, at night with no lights, and i can do f*** all about it, ok for me to do that in my car is it ??

I'm a cyclist, (i'm also a pedestrian, a driver, and a big fan of The Happy Mondays), now you know what makes me a cyclist? the fact that I stop at red lights, wear a brain bucket, and am done up like a fuckin christmas tree when I ride home at night. This prick that 'bigjon' is talking about above is NOT a cyclist, and I hope he got pulled from his rust bucket and had his brains kicked in, we must difine the diffrence between a 'cyclist' and 'some c**t on a bike'. (i'm not talking about having all the gear and a £1k bike, i'm talking about the way they conduct themselves on the road).

with regards to Road Tax (or whatever you want to call it) I pay a lot for my car yet during the last year it done less than 1000 miles, (I done more than that on my bike) so yes, I pay road tax

I've also been subjected to various missiles and abuse launched at me from passing cars, but in fairness to the saintly drivers it is usually the passengers that are responsible.

When driving I found pedestrians are no better, late at night, pissed up, dressed in black, crossing the road, talking on the phone, thumb up their arse and the brain in neutral.

and when i'm out for a walk I witness mobiles being used by drivers, women (usually) smoking in the car when there is a small child in the back, or some bozo who last week when I was pushing my son across the road in his buggy he decided the red light wasn't for him/her and drove over the crossing at speed despite the green man being clearly visible.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Question for car drivers. A cyclist cuts you up and a cat runs out in front of you at the same time. Which one do you knock over ???
the cyclist obviously

dont want any more flouncing do we :smile:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
how f***ing hard is it to raise an arm to indicate let everyone know what your doing on your bike. and which do you see more, i would say a much higher percentage of car drivers, my eight year old son had his collar bone broken by a cyclist, riding on the pavement, at night with no lights, and i can do f*** all about it, ok for me to do that in my car is it ??

It's harder on a bike than in a car, you basically can only stick your arm out until you need to do the turn, I wasn't aware you needed to keep ur balance in a car!? I hope your son is okay, I never said there weren't pricks on bikes.

bigjon

Oct 12, 2003
It's harder on a bike than in a car, you basically can only stick your arm out until you need to do the turn, I wasn't aware you needed to keep ur balance in a car!? I hope your son is okay, I never said there weren't pricks on bikes.

i agree, but you know you have to do it when you purchase the bike, and yes my boys fine now thanks.

bigjon

Oct 12, 2003
OK to break the speed limit is it? More people are killed by speeding motorists than by cyclists. Look at yourself before you judge others.

what's that got to do with my post, or are you pre judging me as a cyclist killing, speeding motorist ?

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
I ride a bicycle for exercise, I ride a motorcycle for fun, I drive a car to work, I drive a van for work and I have an HGV class 1 licence as I used to drive artics for a living. Whatever I drive or ride, I know all the other modes of transport are put out and annoyed by what I'm in. It's an unfortunate natural human instinct for most. Nothing I or you can do about it.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
seriously why don't they all collectively cycle off a f***ing cliff. They have their soppy cycling lanes now but apparently that's not enough. They still insist on cutting up normal traffic, not to mention the long suffering pedestrians of b-town. Do they stop at red lights or don't they? Someone f***ing tell them because they don't know. Looking forward to seeing the next arrogant little turd cyclist get splattered by a bus.

Sent illegally at traffic lights while my engine is running

Oh dear.

Last edited:

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Seriously why don't they all collectively cycle off a f***ing cliff. They have their soppy cycling lanes now but apparently that's not enough. They still insist on cutting up normal traffic, not to mention the long suffering pedestrians of B-Town. Do they stop at red lights or don't they? Someone f***ing tell them because they don't know. Looking forward to seeing the next arrogant little turd cyclist get splattered by a bus.

Moron

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I ride a bicycle for exercise, I ride a motorcycle for fun, I drive a car to work, I drive a van for work and I have an HGV class 1 licence as I used to drive artics for a living. Whatever I drive or ride, I know all the other modes of transport are put out and annoyed by what I'm in. It's an unfortunate natural human instinct for most. Nothing I or you can do about it.

1000's of years of evolution has given the ability to use thought and logic to control those natural human instinct (well most of us anyway!)

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
It does annoy me when cyclists who have a perfectly good cycle lane (particularly on the seafront) continue to use the adjacent road. It is surely much safer and probably quicker to use the dedicated lane.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am not a cyclist but one thing that does wind me up on dark mornings driving to work is those idiots on their bikes riding along London Road with no lights,no reflective gear or anything....

Some days i feel like pulling over and telling them to get something,so they can be seen......i would go further and tell them that there are also too many idiots driving half asleep at that time,flying up to junctions to pull out and all they look for is headlights..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One Sunday night a few weeks ago I had to nip somewhere in the car and 3 out of the 4 cyclists I saw had no lights or vis gear. When I was a kid I would have expected to be stopped, and so, lights were a must have. Now I think the Rozzers have given up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It does annoy me when cyclists who have a perfectly good cycle lane (particularly on the seafront) continue to use the adjacent road. It is surely much safer and probably quicker to use the dedicated lane.
It all depends what sort of cycling you are going.
If your just pootling from A to B then yes a cycle lane does what it should.

But in cycle lanes the cyclist is 'king' (a la cars on road, pedestrian on pavement) so are then prone to pedestrians not respecting them.
As a cyclist I feel a lot safer on the roads where if I screw up I'm the one who will be killed to death.

Seriously why don't they all collectively cycle off a f***ing cliff. They have their soppy cycling lanes now but apparently that's not enough. They still insist on cutting up normal traffic, not to mention the long suffering pedestrians of B-Town. Do they stop at red lights or don't they? Someone f***ing tell them because they don't know. Looking forward to seeing the next arrogant little turd cyclist get splattered by a bus.

I'm a cyclist and I cycle 7 miles to work and back everyday. I have to run a gauntlet through the town of Bedworth, I avoid getting splattered on average once a day. I used to get annoyed but now I casually cycle up to the individual in their car (once I've caught them up at a light) and wave at them. Their faces are a picture, they avoid looking at me at all costs, but I make my point known. If you want to rant, that's fine, but at least have some credibility in your argument.

I cycle because I choose to, it keeps me fit and it is making a difference to the environment (I am not green but I know that we all have to contribute). I get fed up with cars not seeing me (although I am lit up like a christmas tree), I get fed up being cut up constantly, cars not being bothered to give me space, must get in front because 30 seconds spent behind me is so important. We all have gripes but I do not wish motorists death by bus. Get a life.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm a cyclist and I cycle 7 miles to work and back everyday. I have to run a gauntlet through the town of Bedworth, I avoid getting splattered on average once a day. I used to get annoyed but now I casually cycle up to the individual in their car (once I've caught them up at a light) and wave at them. Their faces are a picture, they avoid looking at me at all costs, but I make my point known. If you want to rant, that's fine, but at least have some credibility in your argument.

I cycle because I choose to, it keeps me fit and it is making a difference to the environment (I am not green but I know that we all have to contribute). I get fed up with cars not seeing me (although I am lit up like a christmas tree), I get fed up being cut up constantly, cars not being bothered to give me space, must get in front because 30 seconds spent behind me is so important. We all have gripes but I do not wish motorists death by bus. Get a life.

This is because cyclists travel on the nearside especially when your waiting at lights to turn left.

so many "i am a great driver" people never check their nearside mirrors when the lights change and cyclists are injured as a result-

Do not disagree and I compensate for that. I also agree that some cyclists do not do the right thing (cycle on pavements, no lights et al) and that winds me up massively. Some motorists genuinly do not see cyclists, they are not looking for them, they are just looking for cars, and in the dark, two lights.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Yesterday, some drunk lads getting in a cab outside a pub smacked the door right in my face, and then had a go at ME for it. Notice I have not started an NSC thread saying that all people who get cabs should be shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here