Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cyclists in Brighton

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
they think theyre better than everyone because they cycle....bit like the greens....they think they own the road, do they pay road tax....no, do they pay anything....no, yet they think they own the road, or pavement, if your walking and theyre on the pavement, they use their stupid f***ing bell, and if you dont move, they yell abuse
its usually a small minority....like with most things, but those small minorty...need to die by havign the handle on their bike shoved up their arse

You don't pay road tax, just like cyclists don't either.

Spiritualised

Jul 30, 2010
There seem to be plenty of bad drivers and cyclists to go round. Natural selection should take out a few - especially the ones who go with no lights in the dark and think that works. I reckon along with lights and a bell it should also be compulsory to have mirror on the right handle bar of a bike. There will always be eejits though

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
There are crap cyclists, there are crap motorists and there are crap pedestrians. I drive a car for 95% of my journeys and cycle for 5% (mainly for keep fit) and the lack of respect for cyclists is alarming. Read this, learn and then f*** off please:-

Cycle deaths rise

The number of cyclists who have died or been seriously injured in road accidents increased by 8% in the third quarter of last year, following rises of10% and 8% in the previous quarters.

Seriously why don't they all collectively cycle off a f***ing cliff. They have their soppy cycling lanes now but apparently that's not enough. They still insist on cutting up normal traffic, not to mention the long suffering pedestrians of B-Town. Do they stop at red lights or don't they? Someone f***ing tell them because they don't know. Looking forward to seeing the next arrogant little turd cyclist get splattered by a bus.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I've always found with people who are so clearly wound up: Let them calm down not provoke them in time they will probably regret there comments but not have enough backbone to apologise.

Or if they're just stupid just point out to them why they are so stupid and hope they realise and change their opinion.

Not directed at you but I've found if you try insulting these people they'll just react more or allow it to affirm they're views. Reason/conversation/understanding is the way forward.

But then that's just me.

Fair point. Duely noted.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Does the same go for motorists that jump red lights, go through zebra crossings without stopping, park on the pavement, park in cycle lanes, speed, don't indicate, pull out of their driveways with out looking for pedestrians, tailgate, pass on a solid white line, undertake on a dual carriageway, don't return to the near side lane on a dual carriage way, use their mobile while driving, don't wear a seat belt, drive with bald tyres, drive without insurance, drive while disqualified or drink drive?
motorists are just the same, its the minority of them, so im not going to defend them

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On these threads I always defend cyclists.

But the other day I was driving slowly along one of B'ton's residential roads, and came across a cyclist coming the other way. We passed (me slowly) and he had stacks of room.
There was no incident. All friendly I thought .... until
He decided to stop and mouth "you f**king c**t.

With a young family in the car, I just ignored him, but would have loved to haved confronted that twat.

Funny thing was, he was the skinny lyrca wearing cycling nut, type, wearing a helmut.
Not the new-age dreadlocked thuggish type cyclist, whizzing through the red lights of the City and on pavements.

Not so defensive to all cyclists now!!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I just wish the majority of road-users - regardless of their vehicle - would be far more aware of what they're doing at any given time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
as a motor cyclist, :whistle: i say nuke em all,!!! buses cars trucks vans oh and cyclists:lolol:
and by the way i have seen good drivers of all of the above as well as idiots in charge of all of the above:thumbsup:

Ah, Motorcyclists, those who think that white lines and chevrons between lanes indicate that only motorcycles can enter and weave with impunity

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Seriously why don't they all collectively cycle off a f***ing cliff. They have their soppy cycling lanes now but apparently that's not enough. They still insist on cutting up normal traffic, not to mention the long suffering pedestrians of B-Town. Do they stop at red lights or don't they? Someone f***ing tell them because they don't know. Looking forward to seeing the next arrogant little turd cyclist get splattered by a bus.

From someone who is sitting in bed recovering from an operation having been knocked off my bike by a bus I have one thing to say to you ignorant little bastard......F*CK RIGHT OFF

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
We have got this far in to this thread and the real issue has been missed by all.

B-Town :ohmy:, B-Town:eek: f***ing B-Town:ffsparr:

What is the world coming to.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I saw a Police Officer cycling along the road using her mobile phone and not looking where she was going. She could very easily have hot a pothole and then splat !

There is an endemic of driving cars on pavements, about 25 a day I see before lunchtime.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
it would help if people didnt use cycle lanes to park their cars in or walk along in big groups. just saying like

especially down by the pier when people walk along the cycle lane then hurl abuse at you if you tell them to move

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
To be fair, if you cycle there regularly between 10am and 7pm at the weekend, you know that is going to happen. Just a crap place to have a cycle lane in the middle of the busiest tourist part of the town for day trippers.

especially down by the pier when people walk along the cycle lane then hurl abuse at you if you tell them to move

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here