Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cyclists in Brighton

Don Logan

Banned
Feb 21, 2012
Seriously why don't they all collectively cycle off a f***ing cliff. They have their soppy cycling lanes now but apparently that's not enough. They still insist on cutting up normal traffic, not to mention the long suffering pedestrians of B-Town. Do they stop at red lights or don't they? Someone f***ing tell them because they don't know. Looking forward to seeing the next arrogant little turd cyclist get splattered by a bus.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
they think theyre better than everyone because they cycle....bit like the greens....they think they own the road, do they pay road tax....no, do they pay anything....no, yet they think they own the road, or pavement, if your walking and theyre on the pavement, they use their stupid f***ing bell, and if you dont move, they yell abuse
its usually a small minority....like with most things, but those small minorty...need to die by havign the handle on their bike shoved up their arse

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
textmining-worms-copy.jpg

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Seriously why don't they all collectively cycle off a f***ing cliff. They have their soppy cycling lanes now but apparently that's not enough. They still insist on cutting up normal traffic, not to mention the long suffering pedestrians of B-Town. Do they stop at red lights or don't they? Someone f***ing tell them because they don't know. Looking forward to seeing the next arrogant little turd cyclist get splattered by a bus.

Let's hope it's not a family member of yours that gets splattered by a bus.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Sorry...what's this? All cyclists should die. Oh dear. They/we are just people trying to stay healthy, save money and enjoy outdoor life but because you feel a little inconvenienced in your metal box you think they should be killed.

Here's an idea. Get off your fat arse and join them you morons.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Seems a little harsh to brand all cyclists by the minority? I'm not one but seems harsh.

There are plenty of car/van drivers who cut people up, Does the fact they pay road tax mean that it is ok? Odd.

By your logic we must all be football hooligans too.

:DevilsAdvocat:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
they think theyre better than everyone because they cycle....bit like the greens....they think they own the road, do they pay road tax....no, do they pay anything....no, yet they think they own the road, or pavement, if your walking and theyre on the pavement, they use their stupid f***ing bell, and if you dont move, they yell abuse
its usually a small minority....like with most things, but those small minorty...need to die by havign the handle on their bike shoved up their arse

Does the same go for motorists that jump red lights, go through zebra crossings without stopping, park on the pavement, park in cycle lanes, speed, don't indicate, pull out of their driveways with out looking for pedestrians, tailgate, pass on a solid white line, undertake on a dual carriageway, don't return to the near side lane on a dual carriage way, use their mobile while driving, don't wear a seat belt, drive with bald tyres, drive without insurance, drive while disqualified or drink drive?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Sorry...what's this? All cyclists should die. Oh dear. They/we are just people trying to stay healthy, save money and enjoy outdoor life but because you feel a little inconvenienced in your metal box you think they should be killed.

Here's an idea. Get off your fat arse and join them you morons.

Although I understand your frustration not a very contructive comment is it?

D

Deleted member 22389

I cycle and I follow the highway code. I also drive a car so I have seen both sides of it. I already pay road tax on my car, but if the government also want to charge me 10.00 a year for road tax for my bicycle then so be it. Just improve the cycle lanes and get some of these arseholes out of their cars who want to kill cyclists.

We are not all the same and I have never ever run a red light on my bicycle once, and I don't vote for the f***ing green party either.

The majority need to die, and they cant wait until someone gets splattered. Why don't you foff if your going to say things like that because some poor cyclists have already been killed because of motorists.

Last edited by a moderator:

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011

Get some f***ing therapy

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Question for car drivers. A cyclist cuts you up and a cat runs out in front of you at the same time. Which one do you knock over ???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yeah, because drivers, exhausted with their effort of steering the wheel and pressing those pedals can't find the energy to flick an indicator on, or check their mirrors. I think you'll find there are more c*nts in cars & vans on the road than there are cyclists!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Usual misconception still exist. Road Tax ended in 1936. Since then in has been necessary to have a licence to own and use motor vehicle in the sme way it is necessary to have a licence to own and use a TV. The maintenence of roads, cycle lanes, and pavements is paid mainly from Council Tax which I suppose could lead to claims that only Council Tax payers should use these facilities. The saving from this argument is that part of the cost comes from general taxation. So who owns the roads?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No point having a discussion, if everyone is going to say the same.

People who incorrectly use the road, thereby endangering innocent lives, should not be allowed anywhere near them.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
as a motor cyclist, :whistle: i say nuke em all,!!! buses cars trucks vans oh and cyclists:lolol:
and by the way i have seen good drivers of all of the above as well as idiots in charge of all of the above:thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No point having a discussion, if everyone is going to say the same.

People who incorrectly use the road, thereby endangering innocent lives, should not be allowed anywhere near them.

For every cyclist that you see jumping a red light or what have you, you will see 5 drivers on their phone, or not indicating (my personal pet hate - how hard is it to flick a lever to let everyone know what you're doing - HOW f***ing HARD!?!?) or jumping a light themselves. Who is the more dangerous I wonder!?

Dktr Faustus

Feb 14, 2012
Worthing
I'm a cyclist myself, and commute regularly from worthing to Brighton, but I have to say that generally the cyclists in Brighton horrify me. I rarely see any of them stop at lights, junctions or pedestrian crossings, and that includes all kinds of cylists from lycra-clad fakengers on their fixies to prim middle class ladies on their sit-up-and-beg bikes. I do stop myself, but I do get odd looks from a lot of people, and tuts from cyclists following me who are forced to stop because I have. I often want to shout out at them as they whistle by me, across a pedestrian crossing full of people or through a red light whilst I'm waiting patiently, but i don't need the grief I'd invariably get. I've been lucky so far but some day I expect to encounter a really pissed off taxi or bus driver who wants to take their frustration out on the nearest cyclist.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Didnt feel he need to be constructive. Just wanted to make a point that their comments are ridiculous. Do I really need to justify myself in the face of such stupidity?!

I've always found with people who are so clearly wound up: Let them calm down not provoke them in time they will probably regret there comments but not have enough backbone to apologise.

Or if they're just stupid just point out to them why they are so stupid and hope they realise and change their opinion.

Not directed at you but I've found if you try insulting these people they'll just react more or allow it to affirm they're views. Reason/conversation/understanding is the way forward.

But then that's just me.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
For every cyclist that you see jumping a red light or what have you, you will see 5 drivers on their phone, or not indicating (my personal pet hate - how hard is it to flick a lever to let everyone know what you're doing - HOW f***ing HARD!?!?) or jumping a light themselves. Who is the more dangerous I wonder!?

Lack of indicators is my pet hate too it is so simple to do.

And I agree with the more dangerous comment a cyclist on a bit of bike which although will hurt is less likely to kill someone than a one/two ton car/van.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here