Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cycling to the Amex

D

Deleted member 22389

Last month they gave away a B&HA reflector jackets to cyclists.
Yesterday they gave away programmes to cyclists.

I love my club. :clap2:

Yep I got my free programme too. Nice touch by the club.
I can also tell you that I put a request in to the club for cycle racks at the top of the car park, where the motorbikes are, and they have now appeared. If your coming from Lewes you can lock your bike up here. Makes it easier at the end of the match.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Expect to see more freebies to cyclists, the Club have to do all they can to encourage cycle users, as well as extend the arrival and departure time of attendees. I expect we might see some deals on food and drinks and 45+ m before and after the game or additional entertainment to encourage those using the train to arrive earlier and leave later to get most out of capacity.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Yep I got my free programme too. Nice touch by the club.
I can also tell you that I put a request in to the club for cycle racks at the top of the car park, where the motorbikes are, and they have now appeared. If your coming from Lewes you can lock your bike up here. Makes it easier at the end of the match.

I noticed these too as we normally park the motorbike there. Are there other bike racks around the stadium?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I noticed these too as we normally park the motorbike there. Are there other bike racks around the stadium?

There are some opposite the shop but they're getting more full by the week.

I love the facilities and the promotion. And I'm home within 15 mins each match. The club should be congratulated.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Fair play to all the cyclists, I partake myself in a bit of two-wheeled action, but not to Falmer - I like a shant at the match too much.

But fair play to you

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Expect to see more freebies to cyclists, the Club have to do all they can to encourage cycle users, as well as extend the arrival and departure time of attendees. I expect we might see some deals on food and drinks and 45+ m before and after the game or additional entertainment to encourage those using the train to arrive earlier and leave later to get most out of capacity.

do they still show the goals etc after the match - i haven't stayed behind recently? if they showed the match action plus broadcasted a few interviews with the players and gus etc on the screens, that would keep me knocking around for a bit EVERY match, rather than occasionally.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
There are some opposite the shop but they're getting more full by the week.

I love the facilities and the promotion. And I'm home within 15 mins each match. The club should be congratulated.

Excellent. Do you feel your cycle is safe from theft and or vandalism at the Amex? As I would say this is an important consideration for people when making the decision to cycle.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Excellent. Do you feel your cycle is safe from theft and or vandalism at the Amex? As I would say this is an important consideration for people when making the decision to cycle.

I cycle there quite often, always a steward by the cycle racks before the game, not afterwards though (at leat not when i leave after a couple of hours in Dick's bar...)
I'd say safe but maybe not take a mega expensive bike up there without two serious padlocks....safer than Brighton centre anyway

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
I cycle there quite often, always a steward by the cycle racks before the game, not afterwards though (at leat not when i leave after a couple of hours in Dick's bar...)
I'd say safe but maybe not take a mega expensive bike up there without two serious padlocks....safer than Brighton centre anyway

Ok thanks pretty much how it looks then. I am planning on making a couple of visits by bike from Haywards Heath. Once the weather improves that is!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

I manage to put a D-lock through the back forks and the rack so it should be fine. As for vandalism, it's as safe as leaving your car at the ground I suppose. Being opposite the shop there are always people about.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6

There's usually a St John's Ambulance right by the racks I use. Never had any problems. The only thing I'd like is a roof of some sort, and I've learnt not to take my mountain bike because the metal wheel grips are a bit too narrow for fat tyres.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
I manage to put a D-lock through the back forks and the rack so it should be fine. As for vandalism, it's as safe as leaving your car at the ground I suppose. Being opposite the shop there are always people about.

That sounds OK. Just a bit worried looking at the one's that they put where the motorbikes park. They are the type on the ground that you sit the front wheel in with nothing decent to actually lock the bike frame to.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
There's usually a St John's Ambulance right by the racks I use. Never had any problems. The only thing I'd like is a roof of some sort, and I've learnt not to take my mountain bike because the metal wheel grips are a bit too narrow for fat tyres.

The only problem with that is if it rains it will be full of people!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here