Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cycling to the Amex

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I've been thinking of doing that myself. I clocked it from Falmer station to Newick road a few weeks ago and it was only 0.9 mile. Park around the Coldean lane / Newick Road area and a 7/8 min cycle to the ground.......simples.

Fine on the outward journey but may be no car there when you get back

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Did anyone cycle to the spurs game and if so how did it go ?

Cycled up from seafront, all fine and dandy. Cycled over falmer station footbridge and locked bike to lamppost by the rubbish bike racks. Nice ride on way back slightly hampered by my mission to try every pie and every pint before I left.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Cycled up from seafront, all fine and dandy. Cycled over falmer station footbridge and locked bike to lamppost by the rubbish bike racks. Nice ride on way back slightly hampered by my mission to try every pie and every pint before I left.

Is this route all cycle lane or do you ride on the road?

I ask because i want to ride using a small wheeled folding bike towing a trailer and am a bit worried riding on main roads !

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

I ask because i want to ride using a small wheeled folding bike towing a trailer and am a bit worried riding on main roads !

How will you secure all that at the ground?

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I looked into this sometime ago and someone at the council informed me this was a no go as it was a public lighting issue, no street lights = no cycle lane, fair enough I was thinking, until the other night when it dawned upon me i'd been using the cycle lane between Rottingdean and Roedean for the last 10 years with only a front light from the pound shop to guide me home after dark

Dont think its going to be dark at lunchtime !! And you dont need a cycle lane ... be brave ! Oh yes..its light until 9 pm atm. Not sure you will need a light

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
So how far away are people thinking of cycling from?

I'm tempted to give it a go from Southwick - along the coast to Brighton and then up the Lewes Road to avoid the major hills.

The pluses are no queues, some exercise and a couple of beers.

The main minuses are hard work and being exposed to the elements.

This will probably last about two games!

Im cycling from Worthing..along the coast and turn left at the roundabout at Palace Pier. Strong westerly breeze forecast tomorrow so will probably cycle back to Brighton station and get the train from there . Beer and strong headwind doesnt make sense !!

Did anyone cycle to the spurs game and if so how did it go ?

Yep, me again. I cycled there from town up Lewes Rd, turning up just as the road ramps from the A27 motorway. Past the railway (under the bridge) and left, then up that same set of steps that takes you up to the tarmac and Stadium concourse. No problems, but of course I had some part of the ride on pavements and not going against traffic on the road's bike lane.
It was a nice journey on a day with good weather. Maybe awkward to load a bike onto the train if at a crowded time when everyone's packed in like things that are tightly packed.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Maybe awkward to load a bike onto the train if at a crowded time when everyone's packed in like things that are tightly packed.

Why not get a folding bike they fold so small you can take them on the train.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 75

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Im cycling from Worthing..along the coast and turn left at the roundabout at Palace Pier. Strong westerly breeze forecast tomorrow so will probably cycle back to Brighton station and get the train from there . Beer and strong headwind doesnt make sense !!

Blimey thats a long way! how long does it take ?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

You can go all the way on cycle lanes, its a bit bitty so I tend to ignore them and take road as an easier option. Might have to walk for 100 yards round vogue gyratory but if you're nervous on busy roads that's well recommended.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
No way - those poxy little wheels are barely roller-skate sized - the amount of peddling required to move 30 metres would probably get me 200 on a normal bike (even my big-tire dirt bike)

Depends on the gearing, the better ones are set up to give you a similar gain each pedal revolution. Small wheels do hit the bumps more though. And they handle badly. and they're heavy, and they are expensive, and while the train companies say you can only have them as a consideration to others you don't notice them so easily on a crowded train and they take out your shins, and if we hadn't privatised there would probably still be guards carriages and we could all take a proper bike on the train and get proper bacon butties and strong tea, and i'm going further and further off topic.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Depends on the gearing, the better ones are set up to give you a similar gain each pedal revolution. Small wheels do hit the bumps more though. And they handle badly. and they're heavy, and they are expensive, and while the train companies say you can only have them as a consideration to others you don't notice them so easily on a crowded train and they take out your shins, and if we hadn't privatised there would probably still be guards carriages and we could all take a proper bike on the train and get proper bacon butties and strong tea, and i'm going further and further off topic.

But correct !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here