Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

To be fair it was sort of coaxed out of me, and only spoiled a page or two! Anyway - us International Athletes were discussing things you mere mortals can never understand...
I could expand the scope of your international sporting credentials, by telling a tale about how you and your brother once got into a fight with some French lads, playing football on the beach in Brittany. But that would really ruin the thread.

:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I could expand the scope of your international sporting credentials, by telling a tale about how you and your brother once got into a fight with some French lads, playing football on the beach in Brittany. But that would really ruin the thread.

:)
We are lovers not fighters, here.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I can see we're all loving the vuelta with the chat on here!

I've had a stinker of a start to the fantasy league! I suppose I should have looked more closely at the stages!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I've had a stinker of a start to the fantasy league! I suppose I should have looked more closely at the stages!
and it was a pretty good stage today, I caught the last 30kms.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I've watched both stages live so far and looking forward to watching as much of the rest of it as possible. Already have my r&r days off work lined up for the crucial stages as per usual as well.

I've kept off here though as I sense most have lost interest in discussing races and we're all pretty jaded by now with the fantasy stuff. I've been getting my race chat fix elsewhere in the main. I'm also finding I only come on here with any real interest in this thread, as football in August doesn't do much for me, so trying to wean myself off NSC where possible.

In other news... got our train tickets ordered today for the big day on 22nd Sept in London :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We'll be there, too.

I've watched a fair bit of the US stuff, but that's mainly having been to and loved Colorado.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We'll be there, too.

I've watched a fair bit of the US stuff, but that's mainly having been to and loved Colorado.

I haven't gone ott geek on other races now as I am a bit jaded by this stage in the season. I'm not hungry like I was, and will be again, for the January & February no mark stage races. I'm always excited by one day races though at any end of the season.

Where you thinking of watching from on the 22nd? I was planning on getting off at Victoria and strolling down to Whitehall early doors for some warm up action and possible close ups. Then making our way along the route towards the embankment until we find a decent spot to view from and hopefully see the race go both ways (x10). No doubt will end up playing it by ear on the day though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a shame there's no TT in the morning.

Last time we tubed it to Embankment, watched that, then ambled up to Whitehall.
Whored ourselves round the pits, and got to 50m from the finish.

Lifted jnr onto a BT cables box each circuit and bingo Robert's your father's brother.
(I saw feck all :lol:)

I don't imagine this year will be much different, only 10 times busier, if that's possible.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'm just struggling to watch anything. ITV4 seem to have the 1st stage online, but not yesterday's. I really hope it will find its way onto the website.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'm just struggling to watch anything. ITV4 seem to have the 1st stage online, but not yesterday's. I really hope it will find its way onto the website.

Highlights up now. See you in an hour or so... :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I feel like I've just discovered my husband has a mistress! :eek:
You've missed, or didn't want to know, the tell tale signs.

Turning up late.
Missing appointments.
Quoting conversations we didn't have.
Showering us with gifts.

Clearly we don't excite him anyone.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Tough watching so much telly in the summer.

I wanted 2 rides this weekend but the weather only let me have 1. I had to bottle it, I'd have been effing soaked. Completely.

Did last week's ride and was much stronger. 5 mins quicker. Next week will be my first attempt to do my hilly 50 miler in under 3 1/2 hours.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Tough watching so much telly in the summer.

I wanted 2 rides this weekend but the weather only let me have 1. I had to bottle it, I'd have been effing soaked. Completely.

Did last week's ride and was much stronger. 5 mins quicker. Next week will be my first attempt to do my hilly 50 miler in under 3 1/2 hours.

Time to get a turbo - then you'll know the bug has bitten!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
That's one way to get someone outside in all weathers! I'd rather do 3 hours in the snow that 10 minutes on a turbo.

True, they are a torture instrument but they're quite time efficient - an hour on the turbo and you've really done a workout. Also very good for intervals.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm okay with snow and the f cold. Don't mind drizzle but it was hosing down. Some roads were still damp this morning, including the 1 in 6 which always makes me careful coming down as it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here