Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I gotta stop watching these things. So often I find myself saying "I have to go there." Some of them looked like me going up my climbs. There must be something wrong with my eyes/TV to because so often I think they are ascending yet they ride like they're descending.
The Vuelta has traditionally not been known for it's scenery.
It seems to have stepped it up this year.

I did notice the peloton doing about 80kph then hit an incline and that knocked it back to 'only' 55kph.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The Vuelta has traditionally not been known for it's scenery.
It seems to have stepped it up this year.

I did notice the peloton doing about 80kph then hit an incline and that knocked it back to 'only' 55kph.

Those speeds have been a bit over the top for me. If you think the average speed for a stage is normally around 35-45kph, then try and think when you have seen a figure of anything near that low shown on the coverage. Unfortunately, something that could have been a useful addition has been turned in to a bit of a farce, even Carlton Kirby realised that they were wrong.

On the scenery, they have been racing round Galicia, the greenest part of Spain, hence the lovely scenery. They start working their way down south after today, so get ready for endless rows of olive trees, and arid plains.

I'm really enjoying this Vuelta so far, despite my appalling fantasy performance, most entertaining.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who the hell shoved a rocket up FDJ's arses since Le Tour?

My first time on ITV4's coverage, has anyone told Big Maggy to keep his eyes inside his head, or are they too scared?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even a doomed break is a step up.

Maybe they are just more noticeable in their new kit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]372835953037312000[/tweet]

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Getting a bit better for me fantasy wise, at least I am catching SB up.

1,3,5,7 for me yesterday, and Barry Markus Markus Barry in last place, thanks Barry/Markus.

I've think it will be a proper flat land sprinters stage today, fancy van Rensburg or the aforementioned confusingly named Dutchman for the win.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Incidentally Van Rensburg is available at 50-1 with bookmakers that are actually offering odds on him, my mob are not unfortunately, asked them for a price but they do not usually get back to me in time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Incidentally Van Rensburg is available at 50-1 with bookmakers that are actually offering odds on him, my mob are not unfortunately, asked them for a price but they do not usually get back to me in time.
I'm in for £1.07, you'd better be right!!

I did have to close Skybet down rather rapidly what with Jeff Soup being 150/1.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm in for £1.07, you'd better be right!!

I did have to close Skybet down rather rapidly what with Jeff Soup being 150/1.

Just thought he was too long, no guarantees. I think I have had just one cycling bet come in all year though, so following my advice may not be the best policy.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yesterday was lumpier than today, perfect for Van Rensburg, yet Argos Shimano worked for Arndt, and he delivered. Van Rensburg was nowhere. Can't see what would change for today on a parcours perfect the youngster.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Yesterday was lumpier than today, perfect for Van Rensburg, yet Argos Shimano worked for Arndt, and he delivered. Van Rensburg was nowhere. Can't see what would change for today on a parcours perfect the youngster.

I think they will take it in turns, and judging by the pace thus far, anyone struggling yesterday will be there at the end. Really think Markus Barry Barry Markus will win today though.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Really boring stage today, both in terms of scenery and action. Anyone else watching?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Really boring stage today, both in terms of scenery and action. Anyone else watching?

Rubbish, I'm loving the endless miles of Spanish dual carriageway.

100 miles on his own for Tony Martin!

I hope it isn't Barry, I took him out of my team a couple of days ago.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Rubbish, I'm loving the endless miles of Spanish dual carriageway.

100 miles on his own for Tony Martin!

I hope it isn't Barry, I took him out of my team a couple of days ago.

So close, gutted Martin hasn't hung on. Bet no one had Morkov.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wow!, what a finish that was!!!

Poor old Tony martin, nearly pulled off the stage win of the century! (of course that's a slight exaggeration, but not by much I doubt).

P H E N O M E N A L R I D E!!! Chapeau Tony Martin :bowdown:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
2,4,6,8 for me. Second day in a row I have had an arithmetic progression for my riders finishing places, maths geeks.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Van Rensburg 86th, Barry Markus 159th!

DO NOT FOLLOW MY TIPS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here