Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Looks like Astana are finally happy to let a reduced break go. This quartet looks like they'll form the break of the day.

Upon leaving Arcos de la Frontera, a group made up of Georg Preidler (27), Juan Jose Oroz (97), Matteo Montaguti (18) and Amets Txurruka (68) has formed.

Shame that. Could have done with a bit more help for Txurruka personally as I think a larger break may have had a chance of staying away today.

Edit: FFS!!! Astana led peloton now caught that lot as well. Looks like a bigger break forming now :facepalm:

http://www.lavuelta.com/13/en/online/index.html

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Inxsausti the danger man in that break.

Precisely, and Huzarski is 11th on GC, only about 40 odd seconds down.

Beats me why Astana led the chase of the 4 man group that formed after the initial chased down groups. Ok, I'm biased, but I thought that little Txurruka group would have suited everyone nicely.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Precisely, and Huzarski is 11th on GC, only about 40 odd seconds down.

Beats me why Astana led the chase of the 4 man group that formed after the initial chased down groups. Ok, I'm biased, but I thought that little Txurruka group would have suited everyone nicely.

Yeah, quite odd. I'd have understood if other teams chased as they wanted someone in the break.

Perhaps they figure that someone else will have to help the chase (katusha?) but they've given movistar a free ride.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah, quite odd. I'd have understood if other teams chased as they wanted someone in the break.

Perhaps they figure that someone else will have to help the chase (katusha?) but they've given movistar a free ride.

I can only assume that's what happened. Certainly De Weert had a dig earlier so if OPQS, to name but one team, were determined to get someone in the break then that would explain things.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
14:55Huzarski drops back

KM 58. Bartosz Huzarski (156) drops back. Astana has not allowed the break's lead to grow with such a threat to the GC (eleventh) in its ranks.

A gentleman :clap2:

Either that or he just couldn't take the insults/pleading anymore :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Break now allowed to go over the 3 minute mark.

What a shame though. Txurruka's little band of merry men would have been allowed at least double that and then some by now I expect.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It looks like today's finish is the Spanish equivalent of Constitution Hill.

BTFHAAfIEAA1XY-.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ha!, It's like Robby Hill, Richmond Street and Chick Hill all rolled into one!

Still, Gilbert giving it the biggun this morning that it's easier than Mur de Huy. Fair play though, BMC postioned him well and he gave it a good go, which quite surprised me to be honest. No beating the Fleche Wallone holder today though - superb ride by Moreno and I can see him winning this Vuelta if Purito doesn't get stronger and stronger and Moreno is somehow relegated to super dom duties, but I can't believe they'd do that to him now.

Edit: Just checked. 4th on the stage today for me :)

Last edited:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Still, Gilbert giving it the biggun this morning that it's easier than Mur de Huy. Fair play though, BMC postioned him well and he gave it a good go, which quite surprised me to be honest. No beating the Fleche Wallone holder today though - superb ride by Moreno and I can see him winning this Vuelta if Purito doesn't get stronger and stronger and Moreno is somehow relegated to super dom duties, but I can't believe they'd do that to him now.

Yes, moreno looks so smooth. He's got to be in with a chance as none of them can time trial!

Great work on the fantasy stage today and we'll done to pogue up the top.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Well done.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes, moreno looks so smooth. He's got to be in with a chance as none of them can time trial!

Great work on the fantasy stage today and we'll done to pogue up the top.

Nibs seems to have improved his TTing no end, but yeah, none are that good which is a right result for the race I reckon as all the time will be taken in the mountains. I like bonifications on the line too.

About half hours viewing left of this for me now. I've held off of finding out the result so far:

[yt]ipUYVcHNy0c[/yt]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Interesting stage today. So much for me talking up Moreno yesterday :facepalm: Wonder how much that early crash affected him? I notice it had no affect whatsoever on the nutter that is Juan Antonio Flecha as he was in the break again! Most likely Moreno just had his blow up day in the mountains today.

Really pleased to see Roche hang in there. Not quite sure what to make of Horner dropping everyone like that to be honest, but hey ho. I even thought before today's stage that if anyone was going to blow today it could well be Horner, which just goes to show how much I know.

Nice to see my favourite Pole getting lively today though. Had a cheeky £1 @ 33/1 on Tomasz Marczynski pre race to win KoM.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Loving this event.

But. Seeing as how there is so much technology, why can't we have more live info on screen. It'd be great if the camera bikes at least had speed and gradient detail. We even get stroke rate during the boat race for Cliff's sake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here