Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CYCLING CAPS PROVISIONAL ORDER FORM
Can you please keep quoting this one post when adding your name, so it becomes a 'mailing list'.

I'm still not going to commit 100% to the venture.
As this list grows, I'll start putting stuff together.
A couple of days before I'm on the phone shaking and sweating with my credit card in hand, if your names on this list expect a PM which will be your official order confirmation.

Stat Bro 2
Pogue 2
Bold 1
Moto 1
Ty 1
TotesFreaked 1
1066FM 1
Cranky 1
Pantani 1
Hamilton 1
SB Seagull 2
Was Not Was 1

Half way chaps.
6 more to go and I'll pull my finger out.

We still need side panel writing.

RIDE or FALL
ALLEZ ALBION.
??

We're getting there chaps.
Just a few more and we can start putting the templates together.
I'm pretty keen on the project, but it would be good to at least get into the 20's before I place any order.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can you please keep quoting this one post when adding your name, so it becomes a 'mailing list'.

A couple of days before I'm on the phone shaking and sweating with my credit card in hand, if your names on this list expect a PM which will be your official order confirmation.

Stat Bro 2
Pogue 2
Bold 2
Moto 1
Ty 1
TotesFreaked 1
1066FM 1
Cranky 1
Pantani 1
Hamilton 1
SB Seagull 2
Was Not Was 1

Total = 16

Half way chaps.
4 more to go and I'll pull my finger out.

RIDE or FALL
ALLEZ ALBION.
??

I'm pretty keen on the project, but it would be good to at least get into the 20's before I place any order.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Stat Bro 2
Pogue 2
Bold 2
Moto 1
Ty 1
TotesFreaked 1
1066FM 1
Cranky 1
Pantani 1
Hamilton 1
SB Seagull 2
Was Not Was 1

Total = 16

Half way chaps.

RIDE or FALL
ALLEZ ALBION.
??

SB, I will take 2 rather than 1. So we just need 3 now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Bro 2
Pogue 2
Bold 2
Moto 1
Ty 1
TotesFreaked 1
1066FM 1
Cranky 1
Pantani 1
Hamilton 2
SB Seagull 2
Was Not Was 1

RIDE or FALL
ALLEZ ALBION.
??

Minimum order is 25, but as we seem to be slowly getting there, I'll start putting the order together over the weekend, but obviously we still need to find homes for the last 8 (or as I see them £74.88).

Last edited:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

Stat Bro 2
Pogue 2
Bold 2
Moto 1
Ty 1
TotesFreaked 1
1066FM 1
Cranky 1
Pantani 1
Hamilton 2
SB Seagull 2
Was Not Was 1
Teaboy1

Total = 18

Half way chaps.

RIDE or FALL
ALLEZ ALBION.
??

I'm not a cap person and don't really want one personally, but I want this to happen so I'm in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not a cap person and don't really want one personally, but I want this to happen so I'm in.
I'm wearing them down, that's the spirit TB.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
With little racing to talk about, except young Dombrowski putting in a fine ride today in Tour de Suisse, and with the post about a lovely sounding long ride out of London to Suffolk, it got me thinking...what's in your saddle bag?

I succumbed to getting a saddle bag recently, as with the arrival of warm weather I now want my second bottle cage for drinks rather than a tool bottle. Just bought a topeak aero wedge (medium) and it's amazing what I managed to fit in there! Fits very snuggly up into the saddle and my rear light on the frame just below the seatpost is still clearly visible, so will probably keep the saddle bag on permanently now. So here's my list:

Spare tube
Puncture repair kit
Race rocket pump
2 tyre levers
Flat multi spanner
Multi tool
Card of two spare chain links
Sealed bag of 4 wet wipes
Sealed bag of latex gloves, plasters, antiseptic wipes, emergency cash
Spare sealed bag for used wet wipes
...and space left over for mobile phone.

Be warned, lack of fantasy action means I'm bored enough to also bore everyone else further and may post up photos later. So what's in your bag? (cue rule No. whatever being posted re: saddle bags)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
With little racing to talk about, except young Dombrowski putting in a fine ride today in Tour de Suisse, and with the post about a lovely sounding long ride out of London to Suffolk, it got me thinking...what's in your saddle bag?

I succumbed to getting a saddle bag recently, as with the arrival of warm weather I now want my second bottle cage for drinks rather than a tool bottle. Just bought a topeak aero wedge (medium) and it's amazing what I managed to fit in there! Fits very snuggly up into the saddle and my rear light on the frame just below the seatpost is still clearly visible, so will probably keep the saddle bag on permanently now. So here's my list:

Spare tube
Puncture repair kit
Race rocket pump
2 tyre levers
Flat multi spanner
Multi tool

Be warned, lack of fantasy action means I'm bored enough to also bore everyone else further and may post up photos later. So what's in your bag? (cue rule No. whatever being posted re: saddle bags)

Blimey - that's organisation...

I have:
two spare inner tubes
three tyre levers
a muti-tool
a pump

and that's it.

Phone and money go in pockets, as does food.

I hope that if I fall and get hurt that someone as well-equipped as you (ooh-er missus) comes along.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Spare tube
Puncture repair kit
Race rocket pump
2 tyre levers
Flat multi spanner
Multi tool

1 X tube
2 x tyre levers
1 X mini multi tool

Tempting fate again but now 27 months since my last puncture!!

The velominati are wrong on that rule - saddle bags are fine as long as they are appropriately minimal.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Repair kit, tyre levers, spare tube, multi-tool AND (unnecessarily) Allen keys, latex gloves, chain tool, spare links.

All marvellous but completely useless when you have an issue on your bike and the saddle-bag is still attached to the mountain bike securely locked in the shed at home. Or when you're on the mountain bike and the tools are locked in the van in the car park.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Repair kit, tyre levers, spare tube, multi-tool AND (unnecessarily) Allen keys, latex gloves, chain tool, spare links.

All marvellous but completely useless when you have an issue on your bike and the saddle-bag is still attached to the mountain bike securely locked in the shed at home. Or when you're on the mountain bike and the tools are locked in the van in the car park.
That sounds like you need a NSC/Albion cycling cap.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is brilliant.

It's difficult, I can't listen to Phil and Paul, much preferring the Harmon-Kelly double act, or whoever else Eurosport have lined up (although Carlton Kirby is pushing it a bit). But then you miss Gary Imlach and Ned Boulting, and there's nobody I prefer to watch on TV.

Reading between the lines of Neds first book, the whole ITV team is a pretty tight unit, many carrying on from the Chl4 days.
Then there is Phil and Paul.

They are contracted till a date I can't remember, then they are not expected to continue.

Its a real shame its ended like this, because I loved, properly loved, their commentary.
But it starting turning sour for me 2 years ago, they weren't any good last season, and like you I'm not looking forward to their work at all this year.

Lances last 2 casualties.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
My saddlebag contents:
1x inner tube
multitool
2x tyre levers
1x dumbbell spanner
1x chain tool
1x spoke key
1x CO2 pump

I also have a mini pump I ride with in a jersey pocket unless I'm racing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here