Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was that not Dan Martin?

Evans is obviously the better bet, but Tony is not to be completely discredited.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Bradley was fantastic again looks like may may have a serious chance of the first British 'Tour winner if he can hack the really big mountains.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bradley was fantastic again looks like may may have a serious chance of the first British 'Tour winner if he can hack the really big mountains.
How many more times to you have to be told to shush.

First rule of Le Tour:-
Brad can't win.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bloody typical! Was studying the KOM jersey to see who might be in the break. Had my eye on Sarmiento as my Rubiano but ended up going for Kern instead as figured Europcar would be up there as Bernaudeau drops away :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brief Results
1 Arthur Vichot (Fra) FDJ-Big Mat 4:42:17
2 Egoi Martinez (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 0:00:26
3 Dmitriy Fofonov (Kaz) Astana Pro Team
4 Rémy Di Gregorio (Fra) Cofidis, Le Credit En Ligne
5 Cayetano José Sarmiento Tunarrosa (Col) Liquigas-Cannondale
6 Alberto Losada Alguacil (Spa) Katusha Team
7 Daniel Navarro (Spa) Team Saxo Bank
8 Maxime Mederel (Fra) Saur - Sojasun
9 Maxime Bouet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 0:00:46
10 Bruno Pires (Por) Team Saxo Bank

This is getting fookin ridiculous.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Missed out there on Sarmiento. Oh well, typical of this race so far. I give up watching highlights even now - fed up waiting for the poxy tennis to finish on Eurosport and besides, The Euro's have just started.

:flounce:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just checked the scores. The Irony ! - 49 pts for todays stage - Sarmiento scored 49 pts all on his own :facepalm:

Oh well, Poland looking good. Have a mere £1 on Polanski 1st goal scorer at 20/1.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This tour is all about guessing the breakaways it seems. I got lucky yesterday with Martinez. Hoping for more luck tomorrow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This tour is all about guessing the breakaways it seems. I got lucky yesterday with Martinez. Hoping for more luck tomorrow.

Well played on getting Martinez in the break. Lovely feeling getting someone in the break. Had I had 3 transfers yesterday Sarmiento would have been straight in for Rosseler, instead I had LL Sanchez for Millar and Kern for Grabsch - oh well, it's all if buts and maybe's. Picking riders in this one seems like a similar lottery to the one day classics. Grand Tours are much easier to control I think.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Looks like the CdD was a game too far for most of his and we've all been hit by a bad case of fantasy cycling fatigue.

Oh well, bit of breathing space now until the TdF. I'm certainly glad I never went premium. Plenty of time to take in The Euro's instead.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Deffo some fatigue about, that was a pretty tiring Giro :lol:.

Still we ought not forget about Wiggo and the team efforts that got another stage race victory.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
15th place overall for the stage today, so finally salvaged something. Can identify two clear mistakes too that cost me nearly 100pts for the whole race, so quite happy with that in the end. Still never caught my boy though - he finished on 695pts.

Well played to viveLaPants for the victory.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Anyone know why Tour of Switzerland has been neutralised, just put it on and don't understand

Been working overseas and missed all the fun last week, Sky looking good to go for TDF, Bradders sounds like he is ready to give it his best ever shot

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Very smart set of new stamps

Attachments

• MarkCavendish_MintSet.jpg
    MarkCavendish_MintSet.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 25

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here