Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well I'm the bloke that's doing crap in this dauphiné if that's any help.

Bloody Gilbert no where to be seen today. It was him or frog face to get in yesterday and I chose the wrong one...again.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey we've not got our head round this one, have we.

I see my scores and think I'm going to get hammered today, only to see far worse than mine, being posted.
(Don't worry [MENTION=2878]Woodchip[/MENTION] I won't mention you)

I guess it's a bit of post Giro depression.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Blimey we've not got our head round this one, have we.

I see my scores and think I'm going to get hammered today, only to see far worse than mine, being posted.
(Don't worry [MENTION=2878]Woodchip[/MENTION] I won't mention you)

I guess it's a bit of post Giro depression.

70 odd points moved me about 100 places up in the overall so I think it's difficult to get consistently high scores. Might be because, on the whole, it's been expensive riders getting big points so you can't get them all in.

Same problem for tomorrow, haven't got the transfers to get TTers in.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Another rubbish day for me, Degenkolb machanical just about summed it up. On the bright side, at least Gilbert gave it a go, so I can't complain there.

4 transfers to play with for the time trial now so perhaps things will improve, but I suspect plenty of people saved transfers for this anyway.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Easiest set of transfers I've ever done. 4 in 4 out all in the space of about 30 seconds :)

Not saying they'll be any good mind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My team now doesn't look to dissimilar to the Prologue.
So I'm quietly confident of a double figure HAUL!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My team now doesn't look to dissimilar to the Prologue.
So I'm quietly confident of a double figure HAUL!

My prologue team was never going to be the same as my TT team. My original plan was to go for mainly track/sprint riders for prologue, hope they see me through the next couple of stages with just minor changes then go serious TT'ers for tomorrow. As you can see, so far the plan has worked wonders :facepalm:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
TT is getting interesting, wish I could have afforded Martin (or thought about Kelderman!). Wiggins is killing it.

Apparently Tony Martin has a 58-11 on today!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank god for BW, or else my team wouldn't have scored today.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
1,2,3,4 minimum for me today. A few others in the top 20 too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Didn't Turkey come on here the other day and lay claim to that team ?

Anyhow, moving on, this CdD is bloody hard to predict. Today for instance I felt sure Grabsch would easily be top ten, and I thought it would too long for the likes of Durbridge. Day to day I haven't a clue any more who will do what. More stabs in the dark from here on in. Will Martin hold out in the mountains or do I switch frog face in for him as he almost certainly will ? One thing I do know though is that diesel Bert is certainly going out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've said it before.
But Martin is looking to follow in BW's footsteps by getting competitive over the lumpy stuff.
Bit of a reverse Schleck.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've said it before.
But Martin is looking to follow in BW's footsteps by getting competitive over the lumpy stuff.
Bit of a reverse Schleck.

My 13 yr old, who incidentally is about 80 odd points ahead of me in this CdD (it being his first attempt at fantasy cycling) :blush: , keeps on to me that Martin finished 2nd on Mont Ventoux once. He has a good memory for individual stage results where as I struggle to remember what happened yesterday even.

Needless to say I'll have to hit the research but I'm inclined to let Martin stay for a day to see how he goes, even though I'm certain Evans will beat him in GC and possibly take a stage win. Ummmm...decisions decisions as I can't have them both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here