Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmm interesting, I think TM is due a Wiggo like transformation.
Although I think he has been injured.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm confused Sam. How did you change your user name on here ?

Anyway, nice work today. Glad to see NSC represented well inside the national top 50 for the stage today. :clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Andy Schleck on a TT bike.
I forgot to say, how the hell do you lose 28 secs in 5.7kms?

How many Grand Tours does this fella have to lose before he spends the winter in a wind tunnel.

(Unless it's a huge double bluff)

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I forgot to say, how the hell do you lose 28 secs in 5.7kms?

How many Grand Tours does this fella have to lose before he spends the winter in a wind tunnel.

(Unless it's a huge double bluff)

When you realise he stopped for a 'Plat du Jour' only 15 Euros with wine, its a pretty impressive time. Problem is TDF goes around the fine country with daily offers like this, he's doomed unless they move it to Finland....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did anyone pick any sprinters, for today?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nope! Can't believe that tit won, I refuse to transfer him in on principle.
I don't know, post World Champion Cadel Evans has earned a fair few brownie points, in Stat Towers.

13 points today, 13 more than I expected :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Did anyone pick any sprinters, for today?

I left Degenkolb amongst others in. None of mine anywhere to be seen, except dependable Jerome, but even he got pipped at the post by old frog face.

I never used to like Evans, mainly for the same reason as everyone seems to dislike the brothers grim, but I thought he was a very worthy winner of last years TdF and he went up hugely in my estimations. Today confirmed that as he rode that stage very well, seizing the opportunity when it presented itself instead of just riding other peoples wheel all the time.

Talking of principles - there was a stage I was thinking of putting Farrari in for in the Giro (not the one he won I hasten to add), but his shocking response to the Cav incident stopped me doing it. Having said that, I've got a lot of catching up to do in this Dauphiné and I couldn't afford to rule anyone out at the moment. My lad is still beating me by 30 odd points - picking up 10 points for his favourite rider as he rolled in last with suspected broken ribs :facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Whilst researching, Criterium International brought this incident back from the 1997 race.

The riders just seem to go with the flow as if the horse isn't even there. One rider even goes on the attack around the horse :eek: Personally, I'd shit myself. Horses frighten the life out of me when they're spooked.

[yt]XuO-2ybn_UU[/yt]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brilliant.

What's not to love about this thread, quality video.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Right then. I showed that version because any video with Yann Tiersen music in is going to be good anyway.

But how about this version for a classic bit of " Oh La La !" ing :lolol:

[yt]tHFL-h1l4vY[/yt]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've brought in the changes for today, as my theory of just slinging some names in, netted 13 points.

Wiggo, Gerrans, Dehas, Ruijgh :shrug:

Barredo, Tankink, Porte, Iglinsky, Bernaudeau.

I seem to be points chasing which is not good.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Right then. I showed that version because any video with Yann Tiersen music in is going to be good anyway.

But how about this version for a classic bit of " Oh La La !" ing :lolol:

[yt]tHFL-h1l4vY[/yt]

The commissaires will have them for drafting that horse if they are not careful. :jester:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least I'm going to score more than 13.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A slightly more respectable 56 points today.
This CdD is proving to be a right lottery.

I can never remember who everyone is, which wouldn't be too surprising if you knew how long it took me to work out, MVGWoody, was [MENTION=2878]Woodchip[/MENTION] :facepalm:.

NSC names is definitely the way to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here