Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Three tonight, four Sunday for me. Not decided yet what combination to go for.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He looked better, yesterday!

I've managed to edge my way to 5, but it looks like I'll miss out on a Europa place.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
On a better note, here's some bike pron from 2008...

DSC00684.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well done on the stage win today Pantani. Really pushing on to the finish now and getting more and more tense by the day. I think my bullish talk the other day of cavalier riding to the finish may have been a bit premature :blush:, all I can do now is try to hang in there I think rather than the gambles I had in mind for Friday & Saturday.
Poor old Cav looked a bit spent there today. Must be coming off the back of the mountains and having to desperately chase down the intermediates in the hope of keeping Red - which is looking like a lost cause now :(

Thanks for the Garmin tech post SB. Had a brief look but it's been a long day today, so will look again in more detail another day.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
As a ridiculously off topic question...

As far as I understood it, Spanish speaking countries have surnames that are a combination of the father's and mother's family names. Does this mean Rigiberto Uran Uran's parents were related?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been thinking about the permutations of the next 2 days, and it's gonna be de-lish.

Liqigas have to ride a hard even tempo, or else Basso is done.
But in doing so they hand the Giro to Ryder.
J-Rod, Pozzo, et al have to break the Liquigas train, without blowing up.
None of them have anyone they can sacrifice, so the one who does the business to Liquigas is likely to hand the Giro, to the other.

Any other permutations?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I've been thinking about the permutations of the next 2 days, and it's gonna be de-lish.

Liqigas have to ride a hard even tempo, or else Basso is done.
But in doing so they hand the Giro to Ryder.
J-Rod, Pozzo, et al have to break the Liquigas train, without blowing up.
None of them have anyone they can sacrifice, so the one who does the business to Liquigas is likely to hand the Giro, to the other.

Any other permutations?

Scarponi has to do something too, he won't attack as such but may be able to ride everyone off his wheel. I hope anyway as he is in my team, everyone else has gone for J Rod so I thought I would be different.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

This is going to be epic. Cannot wait. I start work at 5:30 so should be able to watch all of the stage with plenty of time to spare. Plus Eurosport are starting early today (12:30). My predictions: Pozzovivo for the stage win, and one of the GC contenders to blow up, unfortunately I think it may be Ryder.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Hello everyone. I bought a Boardman Hybrid Comp yesterday and absolutely bloody love it.
Never ridden a bike which didn't have a suspension before, so it's a bit of a shock. But fantastic fun and surprisingly comfy!

That is all.

:)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hello everyone. I bought a Boardman Hybrid Comp yesterday and absolutely bloody love it.
Never ridden a bike which didn't have a suspension before, so it's a bit of a shock. But fantastic fun and surprisingly comfy!

That is all.

Nice choice, you'll be zipping around nice and quick on that, enjoy.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Big breakaway 7 minutes down the road, chances of success: 0%

Emanuele Sella (Androni), Stefano Pirazzi (Colnago), Juan Antonio Flecha (Sky), Ivan Santaromita (BMC), Serge Pauwels (QuickStep), Juan Manuel Garate (Rabobank), Adriano Malori (Lampre), Jose Ventoso (Movistar), Andrey Zeits (Astana), Adam Hansen (Lotto Belisol), Cesare Benedetti (NetApp), Pierre Cazaux (Euskaltel), Mikhail Ignatyev (Katusha), Andrea Guardini (Farnese Vini), Lucas Sebastian Haedo (Saxo Bank). Sandy Casar (FDJ), Thomas Rohregger (RadioShack).

Apparently Sella has won a stage up this climb before. With Casar in there and only 12 minutes down there will be too many teams needing to pull it back to protect their positions.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

That is all.

Or not in this case.

It's the very first steps to you spending £1500 on a shiny race bike and explaining to the other half that it is to stop you getting middle age spread. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here