Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did do a hell of a lot of research and the general consensus was that it was a better bike than the Giant Escape 1 I was looking at. Halfords was the only thing people warned of and the setup isn't actually that good. One gear won't work and I've got a strange squeak when I push down hard on the left pedal. But I'm glad I went for the better bike and the local bike shops will surely get my custom when I need a good service or repair!
It seems counter-intuitive but forget about Halfords now.
The missing gear is just a simple indexing problem (hopefully), which your LBS will soon sort, whilst bad mouthing Halfords.
The left pedal is probably a simple set up issue so the same applies.
Don't leave it though, esp the gears, as it will 'wear' unevenly.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
2,4,5,6, 12 and 14 I think. Although we all have pretty much the same riders.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ryder's gonna win the whole thing. They cannot beat him.
I have tweeted him congratulations, from his BHAFC supporters club :lol:

The guys a legend.

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes its getting close. Don't know what to watch tomorrow now. Play off final League 1 or Giro.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stelvio. Thought today's stage was brilliant. It was brutal, harder than anything I have seen on The Tour.
Hmmm, not sure about that, it's not even the hardest stage, on this Giro.
You want to watch 2 no marks playing soccerball, instead of 1,548 metres of climbing over a 22.4km ascent.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It will certainly be interesting to see if anyone thinks they can still win.
To do it, they're going to have to put a good few minutes into NSC's finest.

I can't see it myself, it's a podium scrap and I can see Uran stepping up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2,3,5,7,16 & 17. - Not to bad, but as Pantani says, most of us will have a variation of those numbers.

I might have written Cav out of the Red, too soon.
Fingers crossed J-Rod thinks the games up.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
2,3,5,7,16 & 17. - Not to bad, but as Pantani says, most of us will have a variation of those numbers.

I might have written Cav out of the Red, too soon.
Fingers crossed J-Rod thinks the games up.

211 points today but not enough to catch Pantani. Pirrazi was the man that made the difference for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought we were in competition Woodchip?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey don't get titsy with me, it was all in your own mind.

Next time you try and find a rival, you'd better not be Palace to my Albion :lol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
211 points today but not enough to catch Pantani. Pirrazi was the man that made the difference for me.

Good score, equal 12th on the stage. My Scarponi gamble did not really pay off as I'd hoped. I was really happy when he broke away with Ryder but he just could not sustain it. Same goes for Cataldo. I'm now debating whether to make changes for tomorrow, in an effort to catch 1066.

Really looks like Ryder's Giro now, the others may have to attack him en masse to beat him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What a stage! and what a legend Ryder is! Really hope he can hang on in there tomorrow and then cruise the victory with the TT.
Fair play to Scarponi for giving it a go and hats off to Kreuziger too.

It's a nail biter all right in our league too. Glad I was in no position to take a gamble on Rujano after all. Probably have to keep it as is for tomorrow too as I'll be needing all 4 transfers for Sunday.

Well played today Sam. That's a superb score and keeps the pressure right up.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
What a stage! and what a legend Ryder is! Really hope he can hang on in there tomorrow and then cruise the victory with the TT.
Fair play to Scarponi for giving it a go and hats off to Kreuziger too.

It's a nail biter all right in our league too. Glad I was in no position to take a gamble on Rujano after all. Probably have to keep it as is for tomorrow too as I'll be needing all 4 transfers for Sunday.

Well played today Sam. That's a superb score and keeps the pressure right up.

Firstly, how refreshing to see the tours so evenly matched. TdF last year and the Giro this plus the Paris Nice and Romandie have been spectacular to watch. Seconds!

Secondly, I missed the Giro punts. Twas on holiday, innit. Was honestly going to go for Rodriguez but knew far too little despite his age....

Thirdly, along with many others, Wiggo gets my vote for the TdF this year. Stage by stage is going to take some work!

Fourthly, first sportive today. Around the Sussex Downs from Dial Post to Goodwood to Littlehampton and back another route. What a way to break the duck! Stunning!

Finally, do I need a Garmin Edge to allow me the freedom to explore like that? Advice please. I have a 310XT which is the triathlon one.

Cheers all!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here