Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Been working flat out away from home, can someone update me on the Giro, i.e is CAV still riding, in red jersey and going for Milan.

I saw a headline saying Roddy was doing the business and Ryder chasing him, whats everyones views on who will win key jerseys. How are Sky looking anyone riding themselves into TDF team.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
If anyone fancies a fun, fast, not to technical descent then pop over to Seaford and head out towards Alfriston. You can do a cracking 15 mile loop that includes some good climbs and cracking descents. Only one climb is on a busy road so not to scary fighting the tin can monkeys.

I'll have to plot it on map my ride and post it here for you all.

EDIT: Hopefully this works, care of google maps. The ride starts from Wave Leisure car park.

http://g.co/maps/venmn

Like the roads round there, you are correct there are some cracking descents. I normally ride that round the other way, ie up from Cuckmere Haven.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sky bringing back the breakaway with 75km to go so Cav can win the intermediate split. Think J Rod will still pip him to the Points Jersey as he has two stages he can place highly in, whereas Cav only has today.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Cav takes it easily enough, no one really challenged him. Sky put in an awful lot of effort for those points.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of cycling up the newly surfaced 'Ditchling Beacon', it's quite beautiful, no more avoiding the potholes on the corners under the trees.:)
That's nice, it's always been a bit cack going up there.

'pleasure' and 'beautiful' not sure about that :lolol:

Does anyone ride down it?
Never and TBH I've never fancied it, either so chapeau from me.

If anyone fancies a fun, fast, not to technical descent then pop over to Seaford and head out towards Alfriston. You can do a cracking 15 mile loop that includes some good climbs and cracking descents. Only one climb is on a busy road so not to scary fighting the tin can monkeys.

I'll have to plot it on map my ride and post it here for you all.

EDIT: Hopefully this works, care of google maps. The ride starts from Wave Leisure car park.

http://g.co/maps/venmn
I did an Evan's Sportive around there in Oct, and jolly nice it was too.
[MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] this is my Garmin Edge 705's (now superseded by the 800) report from it.

Evans sportive by postiejohn2502 at Garmin Connect - Details
Been working flat out away from home, can someone update me on the Giro, i.e is CAV still riding, in red jersey and going for Milan.

I saw a headline saying Roddy was doing the business and Ryder chasing him, whats everyones views on who will win key jerseys. How are Sky looking anyone riding themselves into TDF team.
Cav's unlikely to keep Red, as J-Rod is also hoovering up points, going up hill.
Friday and Saturday will be immense the climbers have to get rid of Ryder and Basso.
Ryder has looked very comfortable, less so for Basso, but he did the job yesterday.
Uran had a bad day a few days back which will cost him as he's probably the best TTing climber.

It's way to close to call, but naturally I'm cheering on NSC's finest.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Is it not slightly odd that the leader in the pink could also win there points Jersey? I think the point distribution may need looking at for next year.

To be fair J Rod has won three stages, the same as Cav, it is just that these days the GC leader does not win as many stages as this normally. Maybe the intermediate sprint points need to be beefed up like in the Tour, it certainly made the points jersey more interesting last year.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
J Rod has only won two so far I thought.

Yes, you are correct. Two wins and one second place. If Cav had not been in two crashes he would be well clear though, so the points are not that far out, maybe a bigger gap between the points for 1st and 2nd would be fairer.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Right, already done my transfers for tomorrow. Don't see anything from today changing my mind. Bullish I know!

J Rod, Uran, Pozzo and Izigirre cannot really argue with any of those. I'm considering doing something a little left field like picking Scarponi instead of J Rod, no one else seems to be going for him so could be a big gain although it is a gamble if J Rod carries on like he has. Don't think I can catch 1066 otherwise though.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
J Rod, Uran, Pozzo and Izigirre cannot really argue with any of those. I'm considering doing something a little left field like picking Scarponi instead of J Rod, no one else seems to be going for him so could be a big gain although it is a gamble if J Rod carries on like he has. Don't think I can catch 1066 otherwise though.

Having said I would take a risk, I've completely chickened out and picked a bloody obvious team!

Guardini looked good there, Cav just didn't consider him a threat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who'd guessed that.
I don't know why Cav was mouthing off over the finish line.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The first time I've ever celebrated Cav getting beaten. Put Guardini in for today's stage because I could not afford Kristoff, happy days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The first time I've ever celebrated Cav getting beaten. Put Guardini in for today's stage because I could not afford Kristoff, happy days.
Ah well done.
I didn't even both to look beyond Cav.
I couldn't even have told you what other sprinters were left, in the race.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tomorrow and Saturday, look like this, for Team Stat.

NSC's own, Uran, J-Rod, Bruseghin.
Pozzovivo, Golas, Rabottini, Tschopp, & Failli.

No change unless I have too, 4 transfers on Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here