Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My only consolation to everyone but NSC's finest blowing up from my team.
Is that I can see everyone else's going too.

I wonder if Basso will make me eat my words.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No fookin about RH.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If these jobber commentators don't show NSC's finest some love soon, I'm gonna send off a titsy missive.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Definitely 1, 3 and 6 for me. Not sure on the rest yet. Think I have scored well today, but so should everyone else.

EDIT: 14, 17 and 18 add well. 6 of my team in the top 20. I'll take that.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Watched on Eurosport. That stage looked bloody hard today. I only follow the Tour de France really. The Giro looks a lot harder than the tour.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well at least I know if dropping Pozzo would bite me in the arse!
I'm still pretty miffed about NSC's finest's treatment by the commontators.

He has no real right to be in that select group, how many of them were attacking off the front of the peleton on the cobbled stage of le Tour, a couple of years ago.
All those riders have to ride off his wheel to win, as he will beat them handsomely on Sunday.

Sure they can 'kill' him Friday and Saturday, but if they don't or are to scared to attack to lose out to others, it's game over.

Yet he's barely mentioned other than to say how much Pozzo has hurt him as they crested the last climb TOGETHER!

I WANT MY PAUL & PHIL BACK NOW.

Rant over

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watched on Eurosport. That stage looked bloody hard today. I only follow the Tour de France really. The Giro looks a lot harder than the tour.
Hello bash, if you think that was tough, keep an eye out for Friday and then Saturday, which will be immense.

The Giro and Vuelta need signature climbs/stages, more than Le Tour, for the reason you point out.
But that's even more so this year with Le Tour finishing 6 days before the Olympic road race.
Le Tour couldn't risk a mass exodus in the second week, as riders thought about London.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you realise we have been prattling on for 40 pages, on this Giro.
It's going to be very messy when the Tour starts.

I was looking for the people we advised, re bikes, wondering how they got on.
But it was too cringe worthy reading some of the stuff I was spouting, to find them, not that it will stop me spouting!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
don't you mean 'what plimsolls'.

Like I said 'still spouting'.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Highlights were on late tonight and I just finished watching. Great stage. Very surprised that Roman especially & Tiralongo too got blown away like that.

Basso looked very good today, especially considering Szmyd had a mechanical and so couldn't do the usual 90 odd percent of his pacing for him.

Big scores all round today but Pantani creeping up ominously on me now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here