Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
91 points, get in losers! :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
14, 17 and 18

Same as.

I thought Slagter was my best hope for big points today, given how he'd performed over similar stages and that Rabobank must be in desperate need of a stage win. I now see you was obviously thinking along similar lines :lol: I took Impey rather than Caruso out for him, and funnily enough Impey finished in 19th place today.

Looks like no one scored big today anyway. Except SB picked up another hat full again I see. Well played SB, you seem to be on a bit of a roll now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
is this on your commute [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION]

The full story of Basagoitia's double backflip - Photo - Video | Red Bull Bike

No idea as the video won't load. But I get the picture - you run away with a NSC stage win today and now you're giving it billy big bollocks and taking the mick out of my knobbly tyres. Well, I have news for you sunshine !, I have city slicks on that there full sus bike of mine so there ! ...oh , hold on a minute :blush: :cry:

Well played today btw. You never know, you may well just get onto the bottom of that final ascent after all just as Pantani, Sam & me cross the finish line :p

:jester:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah I've left it a bit late, which is a shame.
It seems like now my team is settled, it seems to pick itself.

I got very lucky with my selections today.
But the way Flecha decided to pointlessly sprint out for 11th place does make me think, I might have been onto something had the peleton wanted to race, today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Roman back in for Flecha, and Barta in for Cabedo.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Same as.

I thought Slagter was my best hope for big points today, given how he'd performed over similar stages and that Rabobank must be in desperate need of a stage win. I now see you was obviously thinking along similar lines :lol: I took Impey rather than Caruso out for him, and funnily enough Impey finished in 19th place today.

Looks like no one scored big today anyway. Except SB picked up another hat full again I see. Well played SB, you seem to be on a bit of a roll now.

I closed a bit on you again, three points today, at this rate I should catch you up if the Giro runs for another three weeks. Got some plans for the next few days though, so hopefully they will come off. I'm gonna keep my cards close to my chest for these transfers though, it is getting tense. Today's stage was so boring though, a bit annoyed that I was able to watch the entirety of todays but may miss it all tomorrow. Unless I can convince the Mrs that a full rerun of the live coverage of the stage is a nice way to spend tomorrow night.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yep, getting very tense now. I can honestly see me being caught here you know. I've blown up big time. I blame it on two riders in particular - Pozzato & Uran. Pozzato especially and that was not my fault. Uran I lost a lot of points on and that was totally my fault (away from the game I'm very pleased he's doing so well though). That bloody Visconti has some explaining to do as well punish:

However, you make you're own luck in any game I believe and I'm making no excuses. Some gambles haven't paid off, but I still have a few gambles up my sleeve and won't be finishing this Giro riding like a Basso or a Schleck that's for sure. Whenever the opportunity arises I'll be launching attacks and if I blow up and lose it as result, so be it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TBH I don't see where the gambles are.
Keep tight to KoM, Cav on Thurs, then GC and TT through till Sunday.

I am only tinkering my transfers, I'm rolling 2 over each day, so I'll know I will have 4 transfers after Saturday.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I've made no changes for today. The breakaway stopped me scoring much yesterday but I have faith in my team through to Saturday. I'll then make the most of my transfers to build an ITT team.

Possibly transfer in more GC contenders for the queen stage.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just hope my decision to go against popular NSC thinking by dumping off Possivivo, doesn't come back to bit me in the bum.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another man in the break away.
This time it's Rabottini, so less surprising.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here