Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey that was Steyning Bostal steep.

How many times this season have Movistar bossed a stage to set up AVV, only for him to stop the moment his last team mate leaves the front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Carlton Kirby you are a complete idiot. 25 seconds not 35. 2:18 - 1:55 how hard can it be? It was obvious too that Horner had not finished second, he only overtook Van Rensburg and Txurruka on the way up, what about all the others?
I assume he's sat in London watching.
He's certainly not slow when it comes to getting carried away.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Carlton Kirby you are a complete idiot. 25 seconds not 35. 2:18 - 1:55 how hard can it be? It was obvious too that Horner had not finished second, he only overtook Van Rensburg and Txurruka on the way up, what about all the others?

Kirby still mulling over in his mind what sort of injury he'd like to see inflicted on rogue spectators as apparently a broken arm is the least they deserve :lol:

I can just imagine Sean Kelly rolling his eyes repeatedly sat next to Kirby.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
How many times this season have Movistar bossed a stage to set up AVV, only for him to stop the moment his last team mate leaves the front.

Ah but according to Kirby the little bump on the corner where "Nibali got spikey" made a huge difference and AVV "will no doubt be wanting words later" :facepalm:

It's the commentator that just keeps on giving :lol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Superb stuff in the end though. Excellent ride from Roche again, I thought he would get found out today but he has put time in to Pinot and Pozzo again. So happy for Kiriyenka, glad he made it. Nibali looks in real trouble now, I think he has made a mistake coming to Spain at all. His stated aim for the rest of the season was the Worlds, then he has ridden this, he will have nothing left and will not get another chance to win a Worlds in his own country. He can't pull out in second like all the others who are aiming at the World's have done, or race some pretend races in Canada like Froome, Sagan and Contador.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just had a look at the GP Quebec and Montreal parcours, don't bother watching Quebec as it looks really dull (Sagan will win). Montreal though looks pretty decent, near enough 3,900m of climbing in the day.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ooh, Sky going for a stage win two days on the trot - EBH giving it large.

Knowing EBH though, it's bound to fail.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
On a day made for the break, in a tour marked by a higher than average successful break days, EBH gets in the one with the biggest gap.......and suddenly it's doomed to failure. Poor bloke doesn't have a lot of luck.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wrong Netapp rider off the front now. I was hoping for Huzarski.

Watch the close of this stage if you can, there should be some GC fireworks coming up very soon.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ok, talking to myself here. But anyone who is reading...get on those last few kms highlights. Well worth it :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm here, almost fantasy glory.

I picked up JJ Mendes last night, for absolutely no proper reason.
I thought he looked quite small in his head shot photograph!!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I swapped Preidler out for today. That just about sums up my Vuelta fantasy wise.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm here, almost fantasy glory.

I picked up JJ Mendes last night, for absolutely no proper reason.
I thought he looked quite small in his head shot photograph!!

I like your reasoning. I could have used that kind of reasoning and done much better than I have done in this Vuelta I'm sure. Every single call I've made has failed spectacularly.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I swapped Preidler out for today. That just about sums up my Vuelta fantasy wise.

And I thought I'd got everything wrong, but that's some boat you've missed there. I hadn't even heard of Preidler before today, let alone picked him for the wrong day :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I also swapped the Movistar rider out the other day, after my anti AVV rant.

So close to a massive points haul if only the race was a km shorter :dunce: :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I like your reasoning. I could have used that kind of reasoning and done much better than I have done in this Vuelta I'm sure. Every single call I've made has failed spectacularly.
That kind of logic has never let me down in fantasy...

...oh hang on...

...has ALWAYS let me down in fantasy.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Kirby just announcing that he expects Purito has been given the combativity award for today. If he has then that's the Spanish bias in this competition this time taking the piss out of EBH.

In other podium news (sod the spoilers) Horner just gone up in my estimation. Finally someone smells those lovely flowers they get given :) Oh, and that red jersey podium girl just gets lovelier the more I see her.

Edit: Just checked. EBH given the combativity award, and rightly so.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My Mrs will never let me take my bike to Spain but I'd love to ride some of those climbs. Well I say ride, but I mean attempt really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My Mrs will never let me take my bike to Spain but I'd love to ride some of those climbs. Well I say ride, but I mean attempt really.
The Vuelta seems to go out of it's way to find the spikiest climbs on any given mountain.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Heads up.

The Tour of Britain has crept up on us almost unnoticed because the Vuelta is still on. Vuelta finishes Sunday, ToB starts Sunday. Fantasy ToB competition is open now, so don't forget to pick your teams.

ITV4 will have every stage live, except stage one, and highlights every evening too. Happy days, and looking forward to going up to London with the kids for the final stage.

Edit: Looking at the fantasy prices for ToB, oodles of cheap riders, so looks like we can pick virtually any team we want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here