Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I put Cappechi in for today, that's not going to pay off now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would you actually bother going after the lone breakaway if it was Kiry?

I don't think I would, even if you got to him you'd be dead man riding.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Would you actually bother going after the lone breakaway if it was Kiry?

I don't think I would, even if you got to him you'd be dead man riding.

There is that, but you would think the big boys would want the chance to win a stage as well as gain in the GC. It is going to be another solo breakaway win with no jeopardy.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Is he (Edet)? Off the back or just hanging in the peloton.

I think the latter will soon turn into the former, but either way he wasn't looking too happy last time the cameras were on him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Does seem strange that so many breaks have succeeded here, what with the bonifications available on the line an' all.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Six chasers now! Martinez or Txurruka to win I think. Love Kiriyenka to do it though.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Tell you what Kiriyenka is not going to bonk. Everytime they show him he is eating something.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
1:30 ahead for Kiriyenka. The six behind are not working together particularly well. Mind you would you put the effort in if you're Van Rensburg or Kohler say.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As much as I'd like to see Kiryienka win this, and he probably will, this is some really disappointing racing from the GC lot. Boo hiss! Glad I enjoyed my own ride out today or else I'd have felt a bit let down by this stage as a day off work. Normally a break succeeding is good to watch, but we've had a bit too much of it now for my liking.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
As much as I'd like to see Kiryienka win this, and he probably will, this is some really disappointing racing from the GC lot. Boo hiss! Glad I enjoyed my own ride out today or else I'd have felt a bit let down by this stage as a day off work. Normally a break succeeding is good to watch, but we've had a bit too much of it now for my liking.

I agree 100%. Hopefully we will see some real fire works behind though, Pinot and Pozzo have to go at Roche.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I agree 100%. Hopefully we will see some real fire works behind though, Pinot and Pozzo have to go at Roche.

There is that of course. Still some GC fireworks to come no doubt, but takes the edge of it when it's not going for the stage win and those crucial bonifications.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Don't want to speak too soon, but Saxo are riding a blinder again for Roche by keeping the pace high here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
20% look at Kiry sat in the saddle, group starting to ramp it up though...attacks on the peloton....Valverde and Nabli make contact, great stuff!!!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
20% look at Kiry sat in the saddle, group starting to ramp it up though...attacks on the peloton....Valverde and Nabli make contact, great stuff!!!

Sitting stock still whilst doing it :nono:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Carlton Kirby you are a complete idiot. 25 seconds not 35. 2:18 - 1:55 how hard can it be? It was obvious too that Horner had not finished second, he only overtook Van Rensburg and Txurruka on the way up, what about all the others?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Chapeau Kiryienka!

Oh dear Nibs and Pozzovivo. Game on for the win here and nice work by Saxo and Roche again today.

Saturday on Angliru should be epic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here