Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I really like the much maligned TTT.
Probably a throw back to Garmin's approach in 2008 (?).
Knowing how tricky riding it is, riding as a team, add in all the little nuances, and technicalities, I think it's great.
Assuming it's not so long, or late in the race, as to completely hamper the overall, I like.

I agree, it is a proper spectacle and it is nice to have something a bit different in a three week tour.

Team for today:

Cav (Sky); G (Sky); Goss (Greenedge); Hunter (Garmin); Sergent (Radio Schleck); Rasmussen (Garmin); Phinney (BMC); Lancaster (Greenedge) and Bodnar (Liquigas)

I tried to hedge my bets a bit, and tried to have the person with the best time overall from each team.

I presume that if a rider gets dropped their individual time across the line is counted, rather than the teams. However, what happens if say Garmin win but one of their riders is dropped but still finishes third fastest overall? Will the team after that be counted as third or fourth?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Guess who is last?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My team today :

Cav (Sky), G (Sky), Goss (Greenedge), Bos (Rabobank). Rasmussen (Garmin), Navardauskas (Garmin), Phinney (BMC), Impey (Greenedge), Santambrogio (BMC).

TTT heavy with a view to sprint stage tomorrow. Also a big emphasis on accumulating points in the different jersey categories.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Katusha doing J rod a favour. Sky not going brilliant at the half way point. Must have left plenty in the tank....we hope.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bloody hell !, Phinney over shooting and going over the grass verge. Luckily keeps upright and carries on no problem but more time lost.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
BMC and Greenedge taking some 'interesting' lines through corners. G back at 21 secs overall.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Utter rubbish from Sky and Greenedge both teams are capable of so much more than that. BMC did pretty well considering all the injury and supreme offroad skills. Not as many points as I expected, especially with Rasmussen dropped. I doubt many were putting Katusha riders in to their teams.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had Thomas, Ryder & Alex Ras, Roman, Keukeleire & Beppu(Green), Phinney & Santambrogio (BMC) Boaro (Sax).

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Utter rubbish from Sky and Greenedge both teams are capable of so much more than that. BMC did pretty well considering all the injury and supreme offroad skills. Not as many points as I expected, especially with Rasmussen dropped. I doubt many were putting Katusha riders in to their teams.

Agreed on all that.

Especially surprised with Rasmussen.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bugger, Rasmussen was one of my Garmin as well!

I think in our fantasy game though he'll still pick up 10 points for Garmins win ?, but obviously dropped out of GC now so no points there.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Navardauskas should also top the Young Riders competition now too I think as well as the GC. Points galore on him today. Well worth swapping Robbie Hunter out for :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My last tinkering transfer out was a fella from Katusha :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here