Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Phinney still down.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Terrible riding by Ferrari (sp)
In an ideal world that'll be the last we see of him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What was he doing, he could have driven a bus down the left.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Terrible riding by Ferrari (sp)
In an ideal world that'll be the last we see of him.

f***ing taken Cav clean out by going right across him ! :angry:

Top riding by Demare to avoid Cav, but gutted for Phinney as it looks like curtains for him :(

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ferrari what the hell are you doing there? Definite dq for him, shame they cannot chuck him out of the race.

Phinney looks like he is out, so unlucky for him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he wasn't Italian I'd say he'd definitely be kicked out, for that move.
It was so unnecessary.

A what might have been day fantasy wise.
Heado and Demare have both been in my 'stable' this year, and nearly made the final cut.

I think I'll only have a couple in the top twenty, Beppu, and Rasmussen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ferrari what the hell are you doing there? Definite dq for him, shame they cannot chuck him out of the race.
Why not?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Phinney made it across the line apparently. Still cannot see him being in any state to ride come Wednesday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cav was all set for a bullet to the line, a la San Remo.
It would have been very special to get there.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Phinney made it across the line apparently. Still cannot see him being in any state to ride come Wednesday.

Good that he got across. Really hope it's not serious and the rest day will give him some sort of a chance. Poor bloke seems to have been cursed since pulling on the leaders jersey.

On a side note, well done on getting the winner today. Whilst the crash makes it all feel strange, you still picked well as Greenedge rode a very good lead out there. Looks like you and Sam have scored big here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well they can, but they won't. He will demoted to last place and stripped of the sprint points he gained and that will be it.
Ah I thought you were implying the ultimate sanction wasn't available.
Yeah I agree that will be it. Had it been 'no mark' colonial bringing down top Italian sprinter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good that he got across. Really hope it's not serious and the rest day will give him some sort of a chance. Poor bloke seems to have been cursed since pulling on the leaders jersey.

On a side note, well done on getting the winner today. Whilst the crash makes it all feel strange, you still picked well as Greenedge rode a very good lead out there. Looks like you and Sam have scored big here.
Cav did look a little lost without a train.
He was so far back, and caught out by the big moves.
Not to say a clear balls out run to the line, wouldn't have been interesting!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Good that he got across. Really hope it's not serious and the rest day will give him some sort of a chance. Poor bloke seems to have been cursed since pulling on the leaders jersey.[/QUOTE]

I can't see it to be honest. Looked really bad to me, if it is an ankle break or strain he just won't be able to put the power down.

I think Cav would have made it myself. He was ready to spring out once Demare made his kick but Ferrari put paid to that. Goss winning is good for me, although I think Sam has Farrar and Goss so he will be flying now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cav did look a little lost without a train.
He was so far back, and caught out by the big moves.
Not to say a clear balls out run to the line, wouldn't have been interesting!

Yep, Greenedge rode it to perfection, Sky didn't. Cav even seemed to get himself boxed in for a while there too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Cav would have made it myself.
If he had of done, from there.
The rest of the so called sprinters may well have just jacked the whole tour in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyway I sat the kids in front of a film @ 3 and settled into the cycling, only to find they were at the 8km mark.
Is that an early finish or the sort of time we can expect?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think Cav would have made it myself. He was ready to spring out once Demare made his kick but Ferrari put paid to that. Goss winning is good for me, although I think Sam has Farrar and Goss so he will be flying now.

I'm not so sure Cav would have made it. Seemed to have left it just that little bit too late to me, but it is Cav after all, so there's always a chance he would have still pulled it off. Such a shame we'll never know now :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here