Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
But for Navardauskas it would have been a perfect day for me.

Fantasy wise I had Visconti & Mezgec. Considered working Pozzato in too as he's from Vicenza but couldn't justify it long term so covered him and Mezgec on e/w bets instead. Mezgec at 16's, Pozzato at 25's. Nothing back on Pozzato for 4th :(

Also had Cav in fantasy team so lost there, but fair play to him for giving it a bloody good go.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can anyone help please?

I'm looking to get a front rack for my old road bike as I'm going on a short trip to France and want to be able to load up for some day trips out on the bikes with the kids.

Anyway, a brand new one will look crap on my beat up Holdsworth, so I am looking for an old simple black version to fit my forks (pic attached). Even if it's just a borrow, I don't want to rush into getting the wrong set, but do need them - we go on Saturday! (yes left it late)...
IMG_2916.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can anyone help please?

I'm looking to get a front rack for my old road bike as I'm going on a short trip to France and want to be able to load up for some day trips out on the bikes with the kids.

Anyway, a brand new one will look crap on my beat up Holdsworth, so I am looking for an old simple black version to fit my forks (pic attached). Even if it's just a borrow, I don't want to rush into getting the wrong set, but do need them - we go on Saturday! (yes left it late)...
View attachment 43012
Your second port of call should be www.retrobikes.com.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]337234981334159361[/tweet]

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I have just enough Tesco vouchers to get that 200 without spending real money! I appear not to have marital approval though. Squeak.

That woman deserves some porridge. Surely plod could run quite a serious charge there?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good to see stat has opened another 'can of worms' thread on drivers v cyclists!

I was thinking, bar the odd nincompoop, and lets not forget where the debate is being held, and Londonistas, this one seems to be ever so slightly more possitive.
Probably more to do with the stupidity of the crime than the beginnings of a culture change, but hey beggars can't be choosers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£2 win on Uran @ 25/1 for today.

Nibs evens - No value
Cadel 11/2 - Each way money to be had.
Kangert 8/1 - hmmmmmm
Visconti 16/1 - Surely not.
Scarponi & Nav 20/1 - Nav has to be the more likely of the 2.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
£2 win on Uran @ 25/1 for today.

Nibs evens - No value
Cadel 11/2 - Each way money to be had.
Kangert 8/1 - hmmmmmm
Visconti 16/1 - Surely not.
Scarponi & Nav 20/1 - Nav has to be the more likely of the 2.

I think Kangert has a good chance today, providing he isn't knackered from all his Nibali protection. There is no value anywhere though in this market, so I am leaving well alone.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think Kangert has a good chance today, providing he isn't knackered from all his Nibali protection. There is no value anywhere though in this market, so I am leaving well alone.

£5 E/W on Uran here

Haha, I caved in, Time Trials need a bet to liven them up. So 50p on Dowsett at 250-1 e/w and 25p on Mourey at 400-1 e/w. Uran looks a decent bet, really fancy Kangert myself but 8-1 is way too short.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

My thoughts exactly.

Added to that, I put down £4 in total on Pozzato & mezgec yesterday and all I got back was £5 fpor Mezgec. £1 up but not really worth it, and today's odds on the one's I fancy are the same or worse, so I will be leaving well alone.

I'm wondering how well Dowsett will do today. Seems the course may not favour out and out climbers and weather conditions could favour the early starters too. Maybe he can top ten here?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£5 E/W on Uran here
As soon as I thought about it, I realised E/W was THE bet.

Sadly my cavalier all or nothing approach, may well have cost me 2 squid.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
My thoughts exactly.

Added to that, I put down £4 in total on Pozzato & mezgec yesterday and all I got back was £5 fpor Mezgec. £1 up but not really worth it, and today's odds on the one's I fancy are the same or worse, so I will be leaving well alone.

I'm wondering how well Dowsett will do today. Seems the course may not favour out and out climbers and weather conditions could favour the early starters too. Maybe he can top ten here?

Wide roads, gradient not too steep most of the way. I think a TT rider will win it, as they have been resting up for the last few days.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think I messed up two of my transfers here. I could have brought two in that I think will probably do better today than the two I went for and, more importantly, could have set myself up a treat for the next 3 days. It's so close at the top I might have thrown it away today.

I'm still very interested to see what's going to happen to Friday & Saturday's stages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here