Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FMR! I've just checked out tomorrow's profile. I'd love to have a go at that. In reality though, I don't think I'd survive it. On this basis, if I ever decide to close my account, that's where I'll head with my bike.

I appear to be joint 7th in the league. Something can't be right. I expect my reckless transfers will do me in tomorrow.

As for the cap, count me in whatever.
I doubt they do one big enough to cover a full face helmet!!

I bet you could survive the stage, no problem.
Assuming Italy and France are similar enough as opposed to riding over here.
You'll find rolling on smooth roads, in respectful traffic, with the sun of your back, through the vineyards, all rather easy.
I'm not saying you'll be able to do it for 20 days, but riding in France (never been to Italy) even on a hired bone shaking comute, is a lot more pleasurable than riding over here.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I doubt they do one big enough to cover a full face helmet!!

I bet you could survive the stage, no problem.
Assuming Italy and France are similar enough as opposed to riding over here.
You'll find rolling on smooth roads, in respectful traffic, with the sun of your back, through the vineyards, all rather easy.
I'm not saying you'll be able to do it for 20 days, but riding in France (never been to Italy) even on a hired bone shaking comute, is a lot more pleasurable than riding over here.

Italy is as good, if not better. They respect groups of cyclists and there are nice quiet roads in many places.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
No Cav for me today! Got to takes some risks to climb the table, I know they never pay off but that climb near the end is 5km at 6.8% with a 12% section. Teams who have not won anything yet are surely going to have a go.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Didn't see that! If you give them a call they'll probably swap them for 'normal' tyres.

I reckon it's probably an error on the listing - most likely should read 25 rather than 35. You probably wouldn't sell a tourer with 35mm tyres, let alone a carbon road bike.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Italy is as good, if not better. They respect groups of cyclists and there are nice quiet roads in many places.
I assume we can add Italy to the long list of countries with better quality roads, than the UK.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I assume we can add Italy to the long list of countries with better quality roads, than the UK.

In parts. Interestingly, I read somewhere that British roads are designed for heavy rainfall with slightly rougher texture to aid drainage. The perfectly smooth texture of the French/Italian roads might be partly to blame for all the crashes the riders have in wet conditions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just realised we've missed a trick, this Giro.

We could have had a side competition, either:-

Who can get the most questions read out on air.
or
Who can get the most bloody stupid question, read out on air.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
No way Cav is getting up this!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
My plan seems to be coming together. Cav a minute down on the peleton, Modolo and Felline in there, just hope Paolini is there too.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
7 and 8. Annoyingly poor return for guessing correctly what would happen.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
:lolol: Navardauskas :nono:

He is becoming one hell of a rider now though. Future Milan-San Remo winner?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just third.

Navs was well proud of his second place :lolol:

A quick wiki, just to check, sadly brings this up:-

In December 2012, it has been announced by the Italian National Olympic Committee that Visconti was suspended for 3 months and would have to pay a 10,000 Euros fine since he worked with doctor Michele Ferrari, who had been banned for life for doping athletes. Visconti has denied Ferrari had ever supplied him with doping products. The suspension started retroactively on 10 October 2012

I guess it could be worse, hopefully with a spot light on him, it doesn't get worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here