Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think I messed up two of my transfers here. I could have brought two in that I think will probably do better today than the two I went for and, more importantly, could have set myself up a treat for the next 3 days. It's so close at the top I might have thrown it away today.

I'm still very interested to see what's going to happen to Friday & Saturday's stages.

I went for Dowsett, Niemiec and Nibali as my three in today. Saving three transfers for tomorrow. Would have liked Kessiakov, Kangert or Clement in there though, but went for the GC guys for prolonged points and a better team for tomorrow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I went for Dowsett, Niemiec and Nibali as my three in today. Saving three transfers for tomorrow. Would have liked Kessiakov, Kangert or Clement in there though, but went for the GC guys for prolonged points and a better team for tomorrow.

Nibali, Uran & Dowsett for me. Should have gone Nibs, Scarponi & Pellizotti. I think Scarponi will do well today, having doubts about Dowsett, and Pellizotti should do ok and would have set me up much better for Friday & Saturday, transfer wise. Luckily I already worked Kangert in for today and Niemiec too for long term. Reading the forum it seems premium players have shit loads of transfers to play with! Have to be very canny to turn the team around for Sunday as a pleb player and still keep up, hence why I always look a few stages ahead when transferring, and today I think I've ballsed up.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think Kessiakov is saving himself for team duties and been suffering with illness. Kangert however I think has the form to really go for the win today and still play lieutenant for Nibs.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I can but hope?!

Evans, nibali, kangert , gesink, pellizotti are my hopes for today.

I think Pellizotti is currently the best value rider in the game. Be interesting to see what Gesink does. He should go well, but he is a Blanco rider so literally anything can happen!...will probably manage to crash or something :lol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well Dowsett was a terrible pick. Currently 7th. :facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well Dowsett was a terrible pick. Currently 7th. :facepalm:

Exactly! Further down than that now and these are just the backmarkers! Epic fail :facepalm:

I can only hope Pellizotti doesn't have a blinder.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yay my no mark Euskaltel is 4th :rave:

I'm getting the cheering in now, cos they'll be very little later.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well that's some small crumb of comfort...Dowsett had gear trouble on his TT bike and had to have a bike change so lost time.... I'm going to use that to convince myself that I really, honestly and truly didn't just make an ill informed shite pick after all :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My no mark Euskaltel just rolled down the ramp. He looks tired already.
But you've gotta love'em.

Had you been there I bet you'd have given him a hair ruffle and checked he had a clean hankie, before he set off.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well that's some small crumb of comfort...Dowsett had gear trouble on his TT bike and had to have a bike change so lost time.... I'm going to use that to convince myself that I really, honestly and truly didn't just make an ill informed shite pick after all :wink:

Yes, me too. Capecchi goes fastest. Cataldo looking good too. No intermediate times?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm particularly enjoying the banging euro pop as the riders cruise round the velodrome.

It was especially amusing with the early starters who just were not interested in racing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Intermediate times are here http://www.gazzetta.it/Giroditalia/2013/it/diretta-tempo-reale/

I can't find a way to get beyond top ten though. Perhaps that's for the best, no use wallowing in the Dowsett failure. Time to put it behind us and move on :lol:
Chaps, we're all partial to some serious geekdom, here and there.

But the intermediate times for the slowest 80 riders in the Giro, racing a 20k mountain time trial, come on!!

I haven't even turned the live feed on yet.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm particularly enjoying the banging euro pop as the riders cruise round the velodrome.

It was especially amusing with the early starters who just were not interested in racing.

Aru had a big old smile on his face for his day off. Pirazzi probably not smiling though - given the wrong start time by his team and lost 4 minutes before he even started!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

But the intermediate times for the slowest 80 riders in the Giro, racing a 20k mountain time trial, come on!!

I'm disappointed in you SB, bitterly disappointed.

Mind you, that link is useless now as it seems to have stopped updating. Still has Cummings with the best time.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Whatever, maybe we should be talking about Cotter Pins instead :p

I have already analysed all of Oscar's results last season to find out if he has a Plan B too! I love a statistical analysis. So intermediate times are very important.

Oh, and yes he does have a plan B. Maccabi Tel Aviv came back to win four times last season, twice from two goals down, one of which was against their local rivals Hapoel Tel Aviv.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Clement just gone fastest. I had a cheeky 50p on him as well.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
**** me!, excuse my language but this commentator has no idea on measuring time and distance at all! How hard can it be? Eurosport really is beyond poor at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here