Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
:)

I've caught you!

Next six stages...summit x2, flat x2, summit x2.

That'll sort us out. I expect to be floundering behind you, 1066 and Pantani by then. SB will still be in my wake though :whistle: and Bold...who knows with Bold?

Difficult to pick for those. It can become a bit pot luck - if you get one of your minnows into the break (a la 1066 and Rubiano last year) then there's huge gains to be made. Otherwise people's teams become a bit samey as it becomes clearer who the consistent scorers are.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
:)

I've caught you!

Next six stages...summit x2, flat x2, summit x2.

That'll sort us out. I expect to be floundering behind you, 1066 and Pantani by then. SB will still be in my wake though :whistle: and Bold...who knows with Bold?

No chance of me getting anywhere near you guys. This Giro is going badly wrong for me, so I'm forced to take risks in the hope of hitting a lucky break.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
No chance of me getting anywhere near you guys. This Giro is going badly wrong for me, so I'm forced to take risks in the hope of hitting a lucky break.

Still a way to go though. I noticed I'm now level pegging with you in the overall but 1066 is already looking hard to catch.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Back to hiding in here I think. It's like a war zone out there.

I never liked football anyway. :p

We are in for a real treat today though and I am off work until this evening luckily.

I think by the end of today we will know who the real movers and shakers are. Wiggins is going to have to pull a big performance out of the bag to stay with the others on this type of climb. Are Evans and Gesink as strong as they have appeared to be so far? Will any Astana riders manage to stay at the front of the race until the end to support Nibali? I'm really excited about this one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't see Nibali losing it from here.
Fingers crossed he does, my Haneo bets seem to have gone down the pan, but my cover the covering bets on Uran @ 80/1 are still in it to win it.

I thought I was going to miss my gloating window.

Did anyone else notice Uran @ 33/1 was massively stupid odds, yesterday? :thumbsup: :rave:

Now following my usual post win pattern, I'm chasing massive money.
Working on the theory it just can't be GC all the way, even though I can't help thinking it probably will be.
I've picked Rafael Valls from VCD @ 100/1 ew, today.

Just in the top 20 on GC, highest placed on the team, only 3+ minutes down yesterday.

I think someone will sneak away while the big boys will be player 'poker'.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Fingers crossed he does, my Haneo bets seem to have gone down the pan, but my cover the covering bets on Uran @ 80/1 are still in it to win it.

Did anyone else notice Uran @ 33/1 was massively stupid odds, yesterday? :thumbsup: :rave:

Working on the theory it just can't be GC all the way, even though I can't help thinking it probably will be.

Just in the top 20 on GC, highest placed on the team, only 3+ minutes down yesterday.

Nice work SB :clap2: I watched a replay of quite a bit of yesterdays stage back on rai, it was a cracker! Fantasy wise- Hope I don't regret not putting Weening in for today and taking Samu out. Picked with half an eye on tomorrow. instead.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Yesterdays stage was fantastic wasn't it? I'm still tinkering to try and get my team right for the GC stages. So hope it comes down to the big boys today but suspect it will be a breakaway winner today. One of the boys from Colombia (the team) for me, I think Atapuma.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Nice work SB :clap2: I watched a replay of quite a bit of yesterdays stage back on rai, it was a cracker! Fantasy wise- Hope I don't regret not putting Weening in for today and taking Samu out. Picked with half an eye on tomorrow. instead.

I ended up keeping my team the same and having to lose one of my transfers as I really wasn't sure about taking a punt on a breakaway winnder today.

I'm up to 16th overall in this Giro (though only 2nd in NSC - well done Pogue!) but can't help feeling the premium players will really have an advantage over the next few stages, as they can save up a big whack of transfers to move sprinters in and out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Davide Appollonio is either ill or he has been seriously soft pedaling over the last 5 days for a reason.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Davide Appollonio is either ill or he has been seriously soft pedaling over the last 5 days for a reason.

...or peaked already at Oman :lol:

Schoolboy error made in haste on my transfers tonight. Going to cost me some points over the next 2 days, not many hopefully, but every point is vital right now. Oh well, some left field transfers it is then come next week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

12 Tejay in the night Garderen Stat Brother 699
13 Tom Hark Preston Park Velodrome Tom Hark Preston Park 562

You'll be disappointed with that Giro effort... :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I ended up keeping my team the same and having to lose one of my transfers as I really wasn't sure about taking a punt on a breakaway winnder today.

I'm up to 16th overall in this Giro (though only 2nd in NSC - well done Pogue!) but can't help feeling the premium players will really have an advantage over the next few stages, as they can save up a big whack of transfers to move sprinters in and out.

They'll have you believe that saving up transfers doesn't offer an advantage. Begs the question then...why give it to only premium players then if it makes no difference?

To be honest, up until now I don't think it has made that much difference, but now and over the next few days I think it will too. Anyways, the NSC plebs massive still giving it large and mashing up that GC big stylee....innit though :rave:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
12 Tejay in the night Garderen Stat Brother 699
13 Tom Hark Preston Park Velodrome Tom Hark Preston Park 562

You'll be disappointed with that Giro effort... :lol:

He'll be asking you for the cycling betting tips next at this rate :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
...or peaked already at Oman :lol:
More than likely.
Obviously its Cav's to lose, but doing my daily check on last place points, I couldn't help but notice DA, featuring heavily.

Anyway im more confident about his potential place than my other tip Blythe.
What with Cadel duties.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think im built for 3 week tours.
Plus I've been seriously distracted by a very sad untimely loss :down:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
More than likely.
Obviously its Cav's to lose, but doing my daily check on last place points, I couldn't help but notice DA, featuring heavily.

Anyway im more confident about his potential place than my other tip Blythe.
What with Cadel duties.

Well it didn't do Oss much harm today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The twitteristas on here need to be following @f******Wiggins (but without the stars).

Incredibly childish but pretty funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here