Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
If this is what you are after, these come recommended.

http://www.namesonframes.co.uk/

Decals / Stickers

These will do for starters. I have several projects in the planning so these will be useful.

I am also looking for someone to produce some decals of my own design as I am looking to build a unique personal bike with personal decals. Do any of these links offer that service?.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
These will do for starters. I have several projects in the planning so these will be useful.

I am also looking for someone to produce some decals of my own design as I am looking to build a unique personal bike with personal decals. Do any of these links offer that service?.
That gets pretty expensive, edging close to 3 figures, I know a man :tapsnose: I'll try and find him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Try mailing Gil Montague at The Cycle Shed, The Cycle Shed
His name was passed on to me, when I was looking for 'Flyer' decals.

(I was moaning about the bloody cotter pin, to him too!!!)

It's just occurred to me, you must think this whole exercise has been like pulling teeth.
I haven't intended to be obtuse, it's just kind of happened that way, sorry for that.
You'll be pleased to know I have no other info on decals.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Try mailing Gil Montague at The Cycle Shed, The Cycle Shed
His name was passed on to me, when I was looking for 'Flyer' decals.

(I was moaning about the bloody cotter pin, to him too!!!)

It's just occurred to me, you must think this whole exercise has been like pulling teeth.
I haven't intended to be obtuse, it's just kind of happened that way, sorry for that.
You'll be pleased to know I have no other info on decals.

You've been extremely helpful, I now have a few bookmarks that I had been searching for and failed to find. Thank you for taking the time. I will follow up with an email to The Cycle Shed but 3 figures is hefty.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At 6.35 I set off on a ride with this profile (had put this up before) by way of stepping up my training for the L2B:

The second climb was up the A20. The latter part is a perfect training road. Great surface, wide and a constant gradient. Just select your gear and go. Nice and long.

The third climb is the 1 in 6.

Did all the climbs without stopping in a total of 2h 44m which is a lot better than I was expecting. Might make it my regular weekend ride after the L2B is out the way.
Hi Moto, I've been meaning to get back to you about this, but got sidetracked by Sidney & decals.

How long to the L2B, 4-5 weeks?

Your ride looks tougher than the L2B route, Turner's Hill to Ditchling is pretty much downhill all the way.
I very much doubt the extra distance will be a factor.

Basically I'll be expecting you to win!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've been extremely helpful, I now have a few bookmarks that I had been searching for and failed to find. Thank you for taking the time. I will follow up with an email to The Cycle Shed but 3 figures is hefty.
Turns out he quoted me £60-£80, for a bespoke hand drawn decals, either way it was still more than the value of the bike.

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Hi Moto, I've been meaning to get back to you about this, but got sidetracked by Sidney & decals.

How long to the L2B, 4-5 weeks?

Your ride looks tougher than the L2B route, Turner's Hill to Ditchling is pretty much downhill all the way.
I very much doubt the extra distance will be a factor.

Basically I'll be expecting you to win!

:)

I have worked out that I climbed more today than I will on the L2B. I hope I can manage an extra 20 miles of level/downhill riding!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well this is all bubbling along rather nicely as a tasty sub-plot. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22347741

I must admit, I always found it hard to see how someone as competitive as Sir B was going to accept not fighting to retain his crown at the Tour. Funny thing is, he talks of form being important for the selection of team leader, and yet so far he's not really set the world on fire this season yet, and Froome has the Tour of Oman, Criterium International and Tour of Romandie under his belt already....Over to you Wiggo!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Deffo.

Brad clearly doesn't what to give up his Tour title, and why should he.
But all this maneuvering, just to try and force Dave B's hand is pretty classless.

Esp when you consider CF gave up at least 2 stage wins and his own attempt at last years Tour, for the sake of Team Wiggo.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Deffo.

But all this maneuvering, just to try and force Dave B's hand is pretty classless.

Esp when you consider CF gave up at least 2 stage wins and his own attempt at last years Tour, for the sake of Team Wiggo.

And now Froome's Mrs is piping up again. Classy all round!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And now Froome's Mrs is piping up again. Classy all round!
Yeah, here they are.
I meant to post them earlier but got a bit tide up with giant snakes and ladders.

[tweet]329221440396214277 [/tweet]
[tweet]329221153304502276 [/tweet]
&
[tweet]329230891186532353 [/tweet]

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well this is all bubbling along rather nicely as a tasty sub-plot. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22347741

I must admit, I always found it hard to see how someone as competitive as Sir B was going to accept not fighting to retain his crown at the Tour. Funny thing is, he talks of form being important for the selection of team leader, and yet so far he's not really set the world on fire this season yet, and Froome has the Tour of Oman, Criterium International and Tour of Romandie under his belt already....Over to you Wiggo!

The whole thing has got a bit 'football' hasn't it? Really all Wiggins has said is that the team leadership will be decided on form, Froome is saying he expects to be team leader as this is the plan. Come July if one of them is in significantly better form they will be the leader. Once the Tour starts team leader will be whoever is furthest up the GC at that time. Wiggo surely will not be able to win the Giro, then win the Tour on a route that does not suit him at all.

As for Froome winning more this season. He has been in the events with the time trials, Wiggins has only really had a short time trial in Tirreno-Adriatico making it more difficult to win from his point of view. Swap Wiggins for Froome in Romandie and he would definitely have won, imo. Probably the same for CI, Oman showed why Froome should be leader for the Tour, as he succeeded when there was not a time trial on a tough parcours.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Deffo.

I agree to some extent, I still think it is being blown out of proportion by the media but Wiggins just seems to love a chat. There may be a case for not even entering Wiggins for the Tour team. Him and Froome have not been in the same team yet this season, as far as I know, could this upset the balance of what has been a very successful team so far this year.

I would also like to point out I am very much in Team Froome, as far as the Tour is concerned and more generally. Absolutely loved the way he rode away from everybody at the end of Romandie, and the attacks in CI and Oman were brilliant. He is a much more exciting rider to watch than Wiggins, imo.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here