Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It was. I hope he says he meant it.

Was a smidge disappointed with my time this morning until I clocked a soft rear tyre. That'll be the third time that wheel comes off. With the MTB, it was always the front. I suspect a less than perfect repair as I semi gave up repairing the punctured one last night and popped in the repaired tube from last time.

Sun's out. Amex is calling!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Right, that's it!, tinker time over or else I'll be tinkering all bloody night. Team confirmed and no going back.

Having not bothered for Fleche Wallonne I've decided it's fun time again with three eachway bets down too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right, that's it!, tinker time over or else I'll be tinkering all bloody night. Team confirmed and no going back.

Having not bothered for Fleche Wallonne I've decided it's fun time again with three eachway bets down too.
Have you slid Froome-dog in?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Have you slid Froome-dog in?

To be totally honest, he never even entered my head let alone my team.

And no, no amount of mischievous last minute name throwing from you again is going to get me to start tinkering anymore. :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did, happily dropped NSC's finest Ryder H for him.

I've got Iglinsky to move on in the morning, he's not sitting comfortably in Team Stat.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I did, happily dropped NSC's finest Ryder H for him.

I've got Iglinsky to move on in the morning, he's not sitting comfortably in Team Stat.

Good job you're an early riser then, have you seen the silly, way too early, transfer cut off time again?

Seems to me everyone's playing musical chairs with the same set of about 20 riders again for this. It's just a decision as to what combination to settle on. Will your numbers come up or not is basically what it boils down to.

Edit: Btw, nice effort, two random names thrown into that post of yours. It won't work though :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Giampaolo Caruso (KAT)
Daniel Martin (GRM)
Sergio Luis Henao (SKY)
Alejandro Valverde (MOV)
Igor Anton (EUS)
Christopher Froome (SKY)
Kristof Vandewalle (OPQ)
Andrey Amador (MOV)
Frederik Veuchelen (VCD)

Breakawaytastic again.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Dear Geeks,

While we enjoy this great classic this afternoon, I need to garner your opinions.

My Trek Hybrid is slowly dying a death. Pretty much needs a new drive train, and I have a feeling I'm probably going to be chucking good money after bad given it is about 10 years old now.

So I'm thinking I'd like a tourer/winter training type bike that I can ride around town, hitch the kiddy trailer onto, take on holiday with the family with some panniers etc. which would be comfortable on gravel paths etc. Ideally, in the dark depths of winter, I can also use it as a winter road bike (perhaps with some tyre options).

Quite happy to buy second hand, but not sure what I should be looking at at this point - or whether too much to ask from one bike?

I don't want to spend a huge amount (hence happy to buy used) but perhaps this is the sort of thing: http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-ribble-winter-trainer-12-45501

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Giampaolo Caruso (KAT)
Daniel Martin (GRM)
Sergio Luis Henao (SKY)
Alejandro Valverde (MOV)
Igor Anton (EUS)
Christopher Froome (SKY)
Kristof Vandewalle (OPQ)
Andrey Amador (MOV)
Frederik Veuchelen (VCD)

Breakawaytastic again.

Good work on that break again SB.

Here's my team for today:

Henao
Velverde
Gilbert
Gerrans
Martin
Kwiatkowski
Leukemans
Bentancur
Weening

Was very tempted by Nibbles but evened it out instead with Martin & Leukemans. Not sure how much Trentino took out of Nibali?

e/w bets on 3 of my team - Leukemans, Kwiatkowski & Gerrans.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Valverde, Gilbert, Gerrans, Weening, Betancur, Henao, Anton, Kwiatkowski, Martin,

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Carlton Kirby you idiot. Gilbert is working for Van Avermaet? Really?

And a real outsider from me, who will get a decent finish is Arthur Vichot, wanted him in my team but could not make it work.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Superb from Martin, this lad is the real deal.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Chapeau Dan Martin! :clap2:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Carlton Kirby you idiot. Gilbert is working for Van Avermaet? Really?

And a real outsider from me, who will get a decent finish is Arthur Vichot, wanted him in my team but could not make it work.

He really is amazing at times..."acting as some sort of wing man for GVA here" :facepalm: He's also got an unhealthy Nordhaug obsession too.

Thank God for Sean Kelly just calling it calm and collected all the time and paying no heed to Kirby whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here