Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I see MSR fantasy comp is now open. Interesting rider prices. Some under priced and some over priced. All riders listed though so a lot of whittling down to do before they get to the final startlist.

Indeed - I've chucked together a provisional team, but I'm not entirely sure how the Classics work - are they simply 1-day races with a new team for each, or do we pick a team for ALL of them and use transfers to change things where necessary?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed - I've chucked together a provisional team, but I'm not entirely sure how the Classics work - are they simply 1-day races with a new team for each, or do we pick a team for ALL of them and use transfers to change things where necessary?

Each race is a one hit wendy, so separate teams.

I'm not going to do a provisional team.
I'm finding myself sticking to those riders thrown together, and needing 2 days to recover a put a real team together.

Obviously I can't afford to do that on a 1 day event.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Erroneous information from SB as per usual. You get unlimited for some of them then 6 for others. You can see how it works here: http://fantasy.road.cc/stages.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Each race is a one hit wendy, so separate teams.

I'm not going to do a provisional team.
I'm finding myself sticking to those riders thrown together, and needing 2 days to recover a put a real team together.

Obviously I can't afford to do that on a 1 day event.

I've never done a provisional team. How does it work? Do you save it, and then have the opportunity to change it when start lists are confirmed?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Rules :facepalm:

Who the feck reads the rules :lol:

I would have thought after 14 months of playing this game you might have picked up a few of the intricacies. I suppose I should know better by now :p

MSR looks like a shoe in for Sagan after Tirreno-Adriatico.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've never done a provisional team. How does it work? Do you save it, and then have the opportunity to change it when start lists are confirmed?
Yeah.
I've got into the (bad) habit of just putting some riders into 'my team', just in case I either forget or have computer difficulties, nearer the off.

The problem being by the time we get close to the off, I've convinced myself the originals might just do it!

They never do :down:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yeah.
I've got into the (bad) habit of just putting some riders into 'my team', just in case I either forget or have computer difficulties, nearer the off.

The problem being by the time we get close to the off, I've convinced myself the originals might just do it!

They never do :down:

:facepalm::lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
MSR looks like a shoe in for Sagan after Tirreno-Adriatico.

He should be esp after the yesterday.
But it'll definitely be a classic race, pun intended, Cav and Aussie bloke won't let Sagan get it his own way.

Neither will Rodriguez and the other climbers.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He should be esp after the yesterday.
But it'll definitely be a classic race, pun intended, Cav and Aussie bloke won't let Sagan get it his own way.

Neither with Rodriguez and the other climbers.

Are we talking about the Aussie bloke who may or may not decide to have 'breathing problems', or someone different?

Defending Milan-Sanremo champion Gerrans suffers setback in preparation for 2013 edition

And yes, I am still bitter about his bluffing in TDU, and the plain disrespect shown towards Slagter.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Erroneous information from SB as per usual. You get unlimited for some of them then 6 for others. You can see how it works here: http://fantasy.road.cc/stages.

I think this calls for some careful reading, and then probably the study of riders' programmes or else it'll be easy to end up starting some races without a full team. This is what I'm guessing at anyhow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No I was thinking about Goss, having won the T&A second stage sprint.

(I was just too lazy to look the result up, out of character I know!)

That makes a change. Goss coming first I mean. If he does make the MSR selection he'll only end up coming his usual second I expect, even if you and I were the only other two riders to sprint against. I've *generally given up on him and Gesink when it comes to fantasy picks.

* I always reserve the right to change my mind.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
That makes a change. Goss coming first I mean. If he does make the MSR selection he'll only end up coming his usual second I expect, even if you and I were the only other two riders to sprint against. I've *generally given up on him and Gesink when it comes to fantasy picks.

* I always reserve the right to change my mind.

Gesink...I think he seems to have 'levelled' his performances. A bit like Contador. And Andy Schleck. Allegedly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thought it would be funny to have this thread at the top.
:lolol: :lol: :lolol:

Night all, :wave:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Let's keep it up there.

What can I tell you...oh, I got a new bike bag for my birthday.

New cleats have arrived. Phew. The others were getting quite worn.

I should've cycled to work yesterday. Might have got home before midnight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here