Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yup, better than a melt down. Where are you planning to take your bike then?

Me and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] are doing the Paris-Roubaix challenge on April 6th, the day before the actual race which we are then going to watch. 170km over the famous cobbles. I may have to wear three pairs of shorts (I presume it'll be shorts weather by then...)

I'm both dreading and really looking forward to this! You'll see my effort on Strava.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Me and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] are doing the Paris-Roubaix challenge on April 6th, the day before the actual race which we are then going to watch. 170km over the famous cobbles. I may have to wear three pairs of shorts (I presume it'll be shorts weather by then...)

I'm both dreading and really looking forward to this! You'll see my effort on Strava.

I'm just dreading it :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm just dreading it :)

Best of luck you two!

Is some of this going to be required - BUTT CREAM ???

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
What tyres are you planning on using? I'd want 28mm minimum, with a max psi of under 100. Anything more would be like riding wooden wheels.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
A sanctuary amid toys flying out of prams left right and centre...

Brailsford has to go! Team Sky really should be winning races like Tirreno-Adriatico, he has taken them as far as he can. :dunce:

I am retiring from the rest of this board, I really can't be bothered to read the idiotic vitriol that appears after every defeat. Just nice sensible chats with the Geeks from now on. :kiss:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brailsford has to go! Team Sky really should be winning races like Tirreno-Adriatico, he has taken them as far as he can. :dunce:
It is the same mistake over and over again, he clearly can't scout a front line rider and has to rely on an Aussie to dig him out.

If I were Murdoch I'd sack Dave B and get Ian Stannard to run the operation :dunce:

Right I'm ready I'm going in.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

I am retiring from the rest of this board, I really can't be bothered to read the idiotic vitriol that appears after every defeat. Just nice sensible chats with the Geeks from now on. :kiss:

I pretty much did that ages ago! I still have a look, but don't get involved in the stupid spats. Some of this is due to not having seen a game since last season, but mostly because I just can't be bothered with the tantrums/willy-waving. If it wasn't for this little safe haven my post count would easily be half what it is! And I didn't even do the fantasy thing last year!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

After every defeat I hide in here. It is sad that the rest of the board can't play as nice as we do.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

We know it's got serious when Stat retreats to the geeks thread!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
What tyres are you planning on using? I'd want 28mm minimum, with a max psi of under 100. Anything more would be like riding wooden wheels.

Hmmm....well....

I've been trying to convince myself that I'll be fine with my 23mms with a 95psi softness. The closer it gets, the closer I get to changing my mind.

I know 28mm makes sense, but I just can't process the idea of something so fat on my rims. At the moment I'm edging towards some 25mms - but I may go down the 28mm route.

Oh God, I'm not gonna sleep!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmm....well....

I've been trying to convince myself that I'll be fine with my 23mms with a 95psi softness. The closer it gets, the closer I get to changing my mind.

I know 28mm makes sense, but I just can't process the idea of something so fat on my rims. At the moment I'm edging towards some 25mms - but I may go down the 28mm route.

Oh God, I'm not gonna sleep!
Have you had a mooch around the forums on:-

Road Bikes, Bike News, Bike Reviews, Bike Gear, Bike Routes - BikeRadar

&

Cycling News & Race Results | Cyclingnews.com.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here